Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Great going Godeo! I have it on my bike too and as I have said it earlier, "it's a fire breathing and a roaring dragon now."

·
Registered
15 Posts
Great going Godeo! I have it on my bike too and as I have said it earlier, "it's a fire breathing and a roaring dragon now."
Hi ayedee, Was it simple to install the Firebrand. Did the dealership help you with it?
I am also interested in picking up one for my street.

Myk.b

·
Registered
283 Posts
Hi ayedee, Was it simple to install the Firebrand. Did the dealership help you with it?
I am also interested in picking up one for my street.

Myk.b
Yes, it's a 15 minutes job. You can probably do it yourself, as it involves only four nuts to be opened or loosened. I went to a local auto mechanic purely because I did not have the right tools at home. ( I have them now) I did not go to the dealer as it would have cost me an arm and a leg. Here I paid only ₹100/- for the job.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello. Can you please tell me where you purchased the DB killer for your loose cannon? I am having no success locating one. Thanks.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Yes, it's a 15 minutes job. You can probably do it yourself, as it involves only four nuts to be opened or loosened. I went to a local auto mechanic purely because I did not have the right tools at home. ( I have them now) I did not go to the dealer as it would have cost me an arm and a leg. Here I paid only ₹100/- for the job.
All you need is 13mm wrench and 15mm socket. I would suggest investing in small set of metric tools including metric allen wrenches.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello AYEDEE. Thanks for the response. I have contacted the people at Firebrand hoping that they can hook me up. Unfortunately, all they gave me was the part number and advised me to go to my local dealer and have them order it for me. I did as they have suggested but the dealer I went to told me that they cannot do it because it is illegal in California. I found that ironic as the Firebrand website says the their product is "proudly made in California". There were only a couple of websites that I could find that advertised the DB killer and both are out of stock. One of which only informed me of this after I had already ordered and they already charged my credit card for the full price plus shipping. Estimated delivery date is three to four weeks. Going on fifth week and still have not heard from them. Still looking.......

·
Registered
283 Posts
Hello AYEDEE. Thanks for the response. I have contacted the people at Firebrand hoping that they can hook me up. Unfortunately, all they gave me was the part number and advised me to go to my local dealer and have them order it for me. I did as they have suggested but the dealer I went to told me that they cannot do it because it is illegal in California. I found that ironic as the Firebrand website says the their product is "proudly made in California". There were only a couple of websites that I could find that advertised the DB killer and both are out of stock. One of which only informed me of this after I had already ordered and they already charged my credit card for the full price plus shipping. Estimated delivery date is three to four weeks. Going on fifth week and still have not heard from them. Still looking.......
I can feel your disappointment. I haven't really understood the reason for the DB not being legal in California. Or, is it that the Loose Cannon violates some noise pollution law there? Anyway, Best of luck and hope you overcome the issues involved.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I spoke to one of the guys at Firebrand yesterday. They said they shipped more Loose Cannons to their distributor this week and will be shipping more of the quiet inserts before the end of the month. I asked about the California laws and they said it is a California Air Board thing about removing catalists or something and it applies to all aftermarket companys, even the ones not located in california, and dont know why the quiet insert couldnt be sold since it doesnt mess with any emission stuff. Sounds like one of those crazy california things to me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts