Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed the loose cannon slip on from firebrand? If so how do you like it? Did you get the bike tuned or a fuel pak? I just got mine in yesterday

·
Registered
137 Posts
Pipe

Has anyone installed the loose cannon slip on from firebrand? If so how do you like it? Did you get the bike tuned or a fuel pak? I just got mine in yesterday
Pipe is Awesome sounding we are going to SE tune the bike on the dyno once it is broken in.
The price is great also.
Have fun

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Do you think I would be ok with no tuning? I don't think I can afford it right now

·
Registered
137 Posts
Thanks! Do you think I would be ok with no tuning? I don't think I can afford it right now
I hear you.
From what I have seen it runs rough until it warms up but you need to get it tuned.
Ask some of the other guys if they have a FP3 and that pipe see how it performs if you cant get the SE tuner now! I think it does not cost as much as the SE tuner.
You will love the sound!!

·
Registered
137 Posts
This pipe has an OPEN CORE BAFFLE it is not just a slip on. It has a big effect on the VE of the motor.
You DO need some sort of tuning device to make it not run too lean/rich as the O2 sensors will only compensate very little.
I am only saying this because an exhaust change can be a major factor on how the motor runs.
If it is just a SE slip on or something similar then you can get away with it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This pipe has an OPEN CORE BAFFLE it is not just a slip on. It has a big effect on the VE of the motor.
You DO need some sort of tuning device to make it not run too lean/rich as the O2 sensors will only compensate very little.
I am only saying this because an exhaust change can be a major factor on how the motor runs.
If it is just a SE slip on or something similar then you can get away with it.
Oh man. I guess I should probably wait til I have the tuner or fuel pak before installing it then, huh? ?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Oh man. I guess I should probably wait til I have the tuner or fuel pak before installing it then, huh? ?
Like i said put it on enjoy the sweet sound and then get some sort of tuning device a lot of guys are using the FP3.
It will not harm the motor on the short term. It will in the long term though.(Btw this is my job) I am only speaking from experience.
Or once we tune ours I will send you the Map if you decide to go with the SEST.
Install it and have fun.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ordered mine last week. Hopefully I will get it next week and put it on over the 4th of July Weekend.

Thinking about putting on the SE free flow filter or the Vance and Hines Naked (if it ever gets back in stock).

So after I install these then I can take it to my dealer and they will tune it? How much will that set me back???

·
Registered
137 Posts
Tune

Ordered mine last week. Hopefully I will get it next week and put it on over the 4th of July Weekend.

Thinking about putting on the SE free flow filter or the Vance and Hines Naked (if it ever gets back in stock).

So after I install these then I can take it to my dealer and they will tune it? How much will that set me back???
Depends on your dealer (make sure they have a good Dyno Guy)
The SEST is $460 and it takes about 3 hrs to tune it 1.5 per cylinder to get it perfect But some guys are having good luck with the FP3.This is another less expensive option (from what I have heard).

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Fp3 is about $399. I really appreciate y'alls feedback. I'm gna install the pipe tomorrow and start saving for a fuel pack!

Thanks!
Joaquin

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi Guys,
I spoke to John the head tech at Firebrand yesterday ,and just so you know -John gave me a detailed analysis of this muffler and they did not tune the XG 750 with this muffler during development -and it ran great according to John,I am putting mine on this week and report back ,but I do not plan on a Fuel pack or any tuning with just a slip on muffler and no new air cleaner for now.?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Eval run

Hi Guys,
I spoke to John the head tech at Firebrand yesterday ,and just so you know -John gave me a detailed analysis of this muffler and they did not tune the XG 750 with this muffler during development -and it ran great according to John,I am putting mine on this week and report back ,but I do not plan on a Fuel pack or any tuning with just a slip on muffler and no new air cleaner for now.?
Sound good but I have heard this before.
If you have a local shop see if they can do an eval run.with the AFR .
I will try and get this done on the bike we did ASAP.
But put it on and enjoy.

·
Registered
33 Posts
How about this Tc ,I run my with no tuning and you tune yours and compare the ride later and see who has the best ride for the $$ spent..

·
Registered
137 Posts
OK

How about this Tc ,I run my with no tuning and you tune yours and compare the ride later and see who has the best ride for the $$ spent..
Who is going to do the eval run?? What setup do you have we need to compare apples to apples.
I have no need to encourage people to waste money.

To run a bike that does not have a correct AFR is the same as running it without ever changing the oil (eventually something will fail).Yeah you will save money on not changing your oil but to what expense?
What now?

·
Registered
283 Posts
That is your opinion ,several of us disagree, so there you have it.
I hate to muddy the waters but I agree with view that when only the exhaust has been changed, there is no need for a fuel management system like the fuelpak3 or any other tuning. The factory tuning is sufficient when the ice is ridden under normal conditions. (No racing, dirt biking or other forms of extreme riding). Yes, the bike will run a little lean but not sufficiently to harm the bike. For those with the means and wanting to be careful, installing such a system like fuelpak3 or such like other will only help and not harm.
Well that's my two bits worth.

·
Registered
137 Posts
You are all grown men so make your own decisions.
I am just stating what I see when we dyno a bike (I have nothing to gain from what I say).
Do your thing!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Idk fellas but I installed a while ago and WOW what a difference in sound. And she feels a little lighter on her feet. Will be savingup for a fuelpak next !

1 - 20 of 64 Posts