Harley Davidson Street Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I have been a member for a few months and thought it was time to get involved.

Here's a photo of me picking up my bike from Glenn and Luke at Morgan and Wacker in Brisbane about a month ago.

Go see Glenn or James in sales and Luke to discuss any modifications, friendliest Harley Dealership I had encountered before pulling the trigger!

Had to get the Bassani Megaphone Muffler (1527RB) after hearing a Demo at M&W with one on it. If you want to hear it go to the Morgan and Wacker Instagram page and go back a few weeks! (The dealer principal Paul gives it a good rev!) Also got the Cafe style seat and when I got home took off the pillion pegs. (Not legally allowed to have a pillion on my RE license so I thought I'd remove the temptation!)

Last weekend took for a 350km squirt around the Gold Coast hinterland (Springbrook) and took this photo of her sitting pretty afterwards.

I'm not looking to do any major modifications to this as I want to upgrade next year to a Street Bob BUT am looking into getting the rear fender junk eliminated. Looking into getting bullet style LED stop/turn/run lights and a simple plate holder. (that meets Australian and QLD laws.....)

Anyways, very new to motorcycles but looking forward to learning a lot and hope everyone is enjoying their HD Street as I am!

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
Anyways, very new to motorcycles but looking forward to learning a lot and hope everyone is enjoying their HD Street as I am!
Welcome and thanks for the photos and the story. As with all new riders I'm always concerned with rider safety first. Don't know if they have rider safety courses in Australia but if they do then take one. Always remember that rider safety is not something you learn and then move on but instead it's a lifetime process of continuous learning. I've been riding for over 45 years and I'm still learning how to ride safer.

Other than that enjoy your new Street 500. It's an excellent motorcycle and a pure joy to ride.

Dennis

·
Registered
203 Posts
Welcome, mate..!
a fellow QLD'er, too..!
Nice pics/story.
Will have to take a run down to M & W and see what they have.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts