Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
485 Posts
Wish the writers had a little better handle on motorbikes. How can they not understand a daily commuter bike?

·
Registered
548 Posts
Wish the writers had a little better handle on motorbikes. How can they no understand a daily commuter bike?
It really irks me that most of the reviews weather Indian or North American always need to make a detraction that the Street is NOT your typical Harley. I don't care if they point it out but the vocabulary they use paints a subtly negative picture.

But note – for Harley-Davidson loyalist, the new and smooth fuel-injected Revolution X engine lacks the typical rumbling character of a H-D air-cooled V-twin.

It also (happily for most, we hope) lacks a clunky transmission. The smooth-shifting six speed arrives with a great ratio for both highway speeds and canyon blasts. We never missed a shift, and finding neutral was never an issue.
Lacks? How does anything LACK a clunky gearbox, you mean the Street has an IMPROVED gearbox...

·
Premium Member
485 Posts
It really irks me that most of the reviews weather Indian or North American always need to make a detraction that the Street is NOT your typical Harley. I don't care if they point it out but the vocabulary they use paints a subtly negative picture.

Lacks? How does anything LACK a clunky gearbox, you mean the Street has an IMPROVED gearbox...
I agree sometimes it appears that what is known as "Harley Culture" exists more in the minds of cycle rag writers than with Cycle riders themselves.

Its new, its modern, it's a Harley so how can we write this in a negative.....???

·
Registered
174 Posts
it really irks me that most of the reviews weather indian or north american always need to make a detraction that the street is not your typical harley. I don't care if they point it out but the vocabulary they use paints a subtly negative picture.

Lacks? How does anything lack a clunky gearbox, you mean the street has an improved gearbox...
spot on .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts