Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a funny story although it relates to my Sportster and not my Street 750. A week ago I was riding my Sportster and just about the time I got back home all of a sudden it sounded like my valve train was coming apart. The noise was deafening and I was sure I'd blown the motor. It continued for several seconds and then, all of a sudden, the noise stopped and everything sounded normal. At the same time I heard a sound in my hearing aid that indicated it was re-setting to it's normal pre-adjusted setting. My hearing aid can be adjusted remotely and since an engine that's blowing up never fixes itself I was pretty sure that the radio waves created by the engine had triggered my hearing aid to maximum level and then it had reset itself. Of course, never wanting to take a chance, I had my dealer pick up the motorcycle and check it out along with doing my annual service (oil change, check the belt, and bolts) and told them the story. There was nothing wrong with the motor but when I got the repair order back I noticed the technician had written on it "Fixed hearing aid - no charge." LOL

1 - 3 of 3 Posts