Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like many I am not particularly impressed with the foot control positioning (and that weird rear brake pedal) so I spoke to our local HD shop.
They suggested they have already modified one using the foot controls from a Street 750 which appears to fit fine.
Looks like it would move the controls about 2-3 inches forward which would make a World of difference for me. Never mind the rear brake pedal seems much better.

Any comments on that ? Probably not going to be cheap but right now I just need this fixed. It's spoiling an otherwise great bike for me.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I would love to see some pics if possible, I have been constantly tinkering with mine and have done almost everything short of replacing or majorly modifying the controls themselves. I am also a taller rider at 6'3 and would love to see some sort of ACTUAL solution to this problem. Please keep us posted as I would love to see what you end doing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just google some pics of the Street 750 to get an idea.
The frame is identical between the Street 750 and the Street rod and all mounting points are there. So it is a simple change you can easily do yourself if you are handy with a spanner. No need to bleed the brakes or anything like that - it's lust a slightly longer extension for the foot brake.
The brake pedal ends up about the position of the forward bend of the exhaust pipes, similar for the gear shift peg on the other side.

The biggest advantage for me is it fixes the acute angle between foot and lower leg quite dramatically - a position I can now hold without trouble for a long time. I'm shorter than you - and I have trouble - I can just imagine it must be close to impossible for you. Perhaps you should also consider having the seat raised by an inch or so.

You still get to keep the old controls so if you ever need to sell the bike and the new owner wants, it is a quick conversion back to stock.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts