Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking around and can't find a flashing brake light assembly, so I was wondering if anyone has used a flashing brake module on their street rod? I found plug and play module for the street 500 and street 750, but no street rod.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Harley-Davidson Street 750 in Sunglo Velocity Red
558 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I suspect, but am by no means certain, that the Custom Dynamics MAGIC STROBES™ XG BRAKE LIGHT FLASHER FOR 2015-2020 HARLEY-DAVIDSON® STREET 750 would probably work. That part of the bike, the wiring at least, isn't that different between the two bikes. It would probably be best to look at the online instructions and see how it compares to the wiring on your bike.
I checked that one and under fitment it states "Plug and Play on 2015-2020 Harley-Davidson® XG500, XG750 (Does Not Fit XG750A) ". I would love a plug and play but can't find one for the street rod.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I have seen the bigger Harleys with this option and it sure draws attention in traffic. According to the fit guide it will work on the 750XG so I will get me one to be more visible.

·
Administrator
"Loose Nut" from Houston, Texas
329 Posts
They work very well, especially in Houston traffic. Video is poor as the LED lights play games with phone camera.

·
Registered
3 Posts
They aren't really plug and play, but I've got both the Smart Turn System and Smart Brake System installed on mine and like them. They work well and offer some huge discounts now and then. I think I got mine new for 40% to 60% off retail...

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2016 Harley-Davidson Street 750 in Sunglo Velocity Red
558 Posts
They aren't really plug and play, but I've got both the Smart Turn System and Smart Brake System installed on mine and like them.
What kind of hacking did you need to do to make them work? Was it a matter of changing the plugs on the ends of the cables or something beyond that?

·
Registered
3 Posts
What kind of hacking did you need to do to make them work? Was it a matter of changing the plugs on the ends of the cables or something beyond that?
They are universal kits... The wiring has to be spliced in... The brake module (flash on decel) is really simple because it can just splice directly into the rear brake harness... The turn signals (self cancelling) are tougher... Recommend splicing turn into main harness under the tank (requires tank removal)...

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts