Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While taking the seat off to remove the seat straps, I noticed a flashing red light just behind the left side cover. After removing the cover I could see it was some kind of connector. It's probably supposed to be flashing but I just wanted to check! Engine was off btw.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
That looks to be your plug for your Battery tender
Its a good think to have that plugged in if the bike is going to sit for long
You battery will last a lot longer if used

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That looks to be your plug for your Battery tender
Its a good think to have that plugged in if the bike is going to sit for long
You battery will last a lot longer if used
Thanks for clarifying. Should I keep it plugged in even when I'm riding a lot?

·
Registered
766 Posts
Thanks for clarifying. Should I keep it plugged in even when I'm riding a lot?

if you ride often, then I'd say no.
if you store your bike for longer periods, then yes, I would.

my other bikes sits 99 % of the time, so it stays on a tender, the street I ride often so I do not use a tender at all, for now, but once the weather gets cold, then I will.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
if you ride often, then I'd say no.
if you store your bike for longer periods, then yes, I would.

my other bikes sits 99 % of the time, so it stays on a tender, the street I ride often so I do not use a tender at all, for now, but once the weather gets cold, then I will.
Thanks so much for info. I ride most weekends and summer is coming, so I guess I'll unplug it for now.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Nice that your dealer installed it already for you! It's a pain getting to the battery just to add this "Battery Tender" plug.

As for the "Red flashing light" .......................the HD dealer here told me if I saw it "flashing" the battery needed to be charged soon. If the battery charge is "up" it won't flash!

Reactions: Rock270

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice that your dealer installed it already for you! It's a pain getting to the battery just to add this "Battery Tender" plug.

As for the "Red flashing light" .......................the HD dealer here told me if I saw it "flashing" the battery needed to be charged soon. If the battery charge is "up" it won't flash!
Hmm ok, thanks for the info. I need to check in with the dealer as my coolant is suspiciously low, so I'll get them to check this as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts