Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The MOCO won't build a damned performance motorcycle. The Street was the perfect opportunity and it's just another cruiser.
I was just looking at the XG750R and thinking, give me a street going version of that!
Jeeeeze.......

·
Registered
187 Posts
whoa, where did they hide the radiator on that thing ?

·
Registered
335 Posts
The Street was the perfect opportunity and it's just another cruiser.
Is it, though? I mean, it's not what you're asking for, sure, but is it "just another cruiser"? To me the Street feels a lot more like a "standard" motorcycle, a Harley version of a UJM. To me a cruiser means ape hangers, a low saddle, and your feet splayed way out in front of you. The Street doesn't do any of that; that's one of the things I like most about it.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Harley killing Buell makes it pretty obvious they aren't interested in sport machines. I wouldn't call this a cruiser, I agree with Gaijin in that it is more of a standard bike. I think Harley will make sport-ing cruisers and standards and muscle bikes, but not sport bikes. That's where they make their money.

·
Registered
496 Posts
In the back of my mind a bell rings (not often) that brings to mind a bike designed with flat track racing in mind, and this is it. In our country there is no flat track racing that I am aware of.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is it, though? I mean, it's not what you're asking for, sure, but is it "just another cruiser"? To me the Street feels a lot more like a "standard" motorcycle, a Harley version of a UJM. To me a cruiser means ape hangers, a low saddle, and your feet splayed way out in front of you. The Street doesn't do any of that; that's one of the things I like most about it.
Looks like the new Street Rod will be more of a standard motorcycle. It's foot pegs are less feet forward though I would hardly call them rear sets. The bike has improved suspension, brakes and a little more power, all good stuff.

·
Registered
75 Posts
i got somethin from hog newsletter that said and showed the dirt track team was also replacing the xr 750 with the street 750 and i gotta say im impressed ....... i used to think that this new model ,with the side by side crank might be some kinda flash in the pan , but if these guys and the flat trackers are goin with it,thats a thumbs up from me too h3ll yeah

1 - 8 of 8 Posts