Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure this has been discussed before but I can't find anything. I'm trying to determine the best way to get rid of the front of the bike diving down when braking without hurting the handling. Would progressive fork springs, a damper kit, or different fork oil be the best solution?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
238 Posts
No. Stiffer springs won't do anything but make it dive more. I noticed this problem on my wife's bike I just bought her last weekend. It's the fork tubes. They are thin and bend. Need to get a fork brace that will stabilize the forks while under pressure from braking. Unfortunately, I've only found one place that makes them for these 37mm forks and it's overseas.....I've been talking with some AMERICAN bike parts makers to see if they will make these clamps.....I just have to convince them that there is a demand for them.....they're not going to make them for one or two customers....

Attachments

Reactions: Solo750owner

·
Registered
238 Posts
Thanks.....Yeah but the front fender has to come off and is designed to use with their taller wheel.....

-THIS PART IS DESIGNED FOR USE WITH OUR CUSTOM 19" FRONT WHEELS AS A FENDER ELIMINATOR.
-IT WILL BE TO TALL FOR USE ON STOCK SIZE WHEELS BUT WILL STILL WORK

1 - 6 of 6 Posts