Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

81 - 87 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
This is where I'm looking for but will wait since I just bought a brand new Street 750 yesterday :)
Since I had a long ride to and from the Harley Dealer (4 hours 45 minutes in total) on the highway with a strong wind I arrived home pretty tired with muscle pain in arms and legs. I am almost 5ft 9" but felt my knee hurting during the ride.
So yes, I will definitly install forward controls in the future but since the cost will go over the $500 a little patience is needed.
I will also checkout here in the Netherlands if there are currently cheaper controls available.
I also see the break fluid container on the front which is not really handy imho.
However the kit looks pretty nice and from good quality.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I got my forward control kit off eBay, guy from Thailand I've seen recommended a few times on this forum somewhere.

Again very easy fit and detailed instructions.
Had an issue with the master cylinder and had to replace it but apart from that, all good.
Much more comfortable ride and aesthetically more to what I was originally after!

Can't recommend enough to anyone suffering with any knee problems or just wants a comfier ride for long distances.

I can supply the eBay seller to anyone who wants it and I have the PDF full instruction manual for the kit I bought if anyone wants to see what's involved before the take the plunge.
Not cheap but worth every dollar.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I got my forward control kit off eBay, guy from Thailand I've seen recommended a few times on this forum somewhere.

Again very easy fit and detailed instructions.
Had an issue with the master cylinder and had to replace it but apart from that, all good.
Much more comfortable ride and aesthetically more to what I was originally after!

Can't recommend enough to anyone suffering with any knee problems or just wants a comfier ride for long distances.

I can supply the eBay seller to anyone who wants it and I have the PDF full instruction manual for the kit I bought if anyone wants to see what's involved before the take the plunge.
Not cheap but worth every dollar.
Yes please if you can send me the details of the Thai supplier for the controls, many thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
From Facebook and eBay I have heard that there are several people already selling forward control kits.

1. craft land speed shop in Santiago Chile
https://www.facebook.com/CraftLandSpeed/ then message them for your model.
last posted price I saw was $200 US
2. Company in Thailand
https://www.phd-custom.com/index.ph...product&shop_cat_id=21579&shop_cat_main=21577
Currently listed for $620 US, but a Harley dealer in Thailand sells them for $520 on ebay. (that was the old price from company)
3. Company in Italy
https://www.freespiritsparts.com/en/hd?models=46
Currently listed for 689 Euros

I'm a little confused about the posts above, the reduced reach handlebars mentioned above are for short people to bring the controls closer to them.
You want the drag bars if you want to extend your reach and move the controls further away from your body.
Also if you are raising the shift lever or adding a block to the brake pedal, this is for shorter legs, not longer legs.
A lot of people add highway pegs to the forward frame, or to the engine guards if they have them, to stretch out legs when not operating the controls.
These are considerably cheaper than adding or relocating the controls.
I hope this helps.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Harley-Davidson Street 750 in Sunglo Velocity Red
611 Posts
That's the correct link for Kustom Cycles in Australia. I think it was working a couple of months ago when I was shopping around for forward controls.

The link for PHD, the Thai company, takes you to what appears to be a fully functional store. Then you try to check out and it doesn't allow any form of payment. I believe, but am not certain, that they are eBay seller harley-th28. They have a modified set of forwards that works with both the ABS and non-ABS models from 2016 onwards.

81 - 87 of 87 Posts