Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey peoples,just brought myself the fp3 and hooked it up.i was able to flash a map to my bike.i then put the bike in auto tune,everything worked except when I rode none of the cells changed.has anyone had this problem and does anyone have a remedy?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I realise that,I rode for about 40 mins total,checked grid in intervals and ran about 35 to 40 km.all stayed white completely?I sent v&h an email but just wondered if anyone else had seen this prob

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
fp3 is a electronic module you add to you bike to remap the cpu for fuel mixture. Vance & Hines (V&H) make this module, along with others with different names. V&H also manufacture other performance components, such as exhaust and high flow intakes. Check them out on the web. I just put one of their Comp exhaust and the fp3 on my 750, it sounds great now.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is just a guess but I'm thinking the o2 sensor.haven't been able to talk to v&h,time zone here makes them available to me between 11pm and 8am.anyway does anyone have a diy way to check for a faulty o2 sensor with or without fp3?

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
This is just a guess but I'm thinking the o2 sensor.haven't been able to talk to v&h,time zone here makes them available to me between 11pm and 8am.anyway does anyone have a diy way to check for a faulty o2 sensor with or without fp3?

If one of the O2 Sensors was bad, There would be a Engine Light. And a Code stored in the computer. The FP3 can read the Codes.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So here's an update for those interested.I got in touch with v&h.i had to run the auto tune in advanced setup and enter the starting engine temp at 140F.its default was 199F which lead to no data being learnt.since I made this change all is working as it should.i only have one last question for those that have used the fp3 and that is..
Do you know if the best tune is achieved in one long tune updating regularly then flashing at the end or will the result be the same if you learn some flash it to bike,come back tomorrow and learn on top of that?

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
I went on a long ride, about 60 miles and updated at the end. There was lots of green blocks and a few orange ones.

·
Registered
4 Posts
You can directly read the engine sensors using your FP3. Once you connect via Bluetooth go to Live Sensor Data.

I relocated my Speedo next to the coil, and use my cell phone to monitor speed, tach, gear indicator, mpg and engine. But YOU can also directly read the O2 sensors output and confirm they're functioning.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00TD using Tapatalk

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Hey guys just an update for anyone who has wondered what v&h recommend for the best tune.hopefully the attachment works,I'm using Tapatalk for the first time.

Sent from my ZTE Blade Q Lux using Tapatalk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts