Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just got my FP3 in and tried connecting it. As soon as I did, I started having an issue. My phone recognizes the device, but it appears as V&H-8172CB instead of VIN-######. When I load the app, it doesn't recognize the FP3 despite it being powered up and connected to my phone.

For what it's worth, my bike was purchased in CA, but I bought the non-CA FP3. Not sure if that makes a difference, but I wouldn't think so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Minor update. FP3 now recognizes the VIN, but the app doesn't want to play; still showing the following screen despite the FP3 showing as connected in Settings.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I would contact V&H.

Yes there is a difference. CA models have an extra Emission component. A Charcoal Canister and Purge Valve.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you much. I've shot a note to V&H and am awaiting a response.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
60 Posts
I had a connection issue and it was because I only turned the key on and not the run switch on too. Maybe this is the problem?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Checked that and I'm good there. Key is in to the on position and the run switch is engaged.

Like I was saying, the phone shows a Bluetooth connection to the FP3, so I honestly don't know what the issue could be.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Victory!

Massive shout-out to Chris Neely at V&H who was very patient with my emails.

Ultimately, it just took patience as well as repairing the FP3 a couple of times. I've also got a Bluetooth smart watch that I wasn't wearing this time which may have been part of the issue (my Pebble used to cause issues with a pair of Jaybird Bluetooth head phones that I once had).

·
Registered
491 Posts
So let me get this straight. If you have a FP3 using a bluetooth connection to your phone, other blue tooth devices will interfere with the FP3's connection? Not that I want to have more that one device connected to my phone. I do use my phone's blue tooth connection for my Uclear helmet speaker set up so I can listen to tunes and receive phone calls hands free while riding my 750. Trust me I prefer listening to tunes cause receiving a phone call general means I'll being going into work instead cruising around.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It seems to be a problem with the Pebble only for some reason. Honestly, I have nothing but anecdotal evidence to back this up, but that's been my experience with other BT devices as well.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So, hopped on the bike with the Pebble connected app didn't recognize the FP3 again. As soon as I put the Pebble into airplane mode, the app worked fine. I honestly think the FP3 just doesn't play nice with other BT devices being connected to the phone.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have the same problem with my FP3. If I pair my Sena 20S with my phone before I pair the FP3 it will always show not connected. If however I pair the FP3 first then turn on the 20S it works fine. I also have an apple watch paired all the time so it may be that the FP3 needs to be at least 2nd in the pairing list to function correctly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts