Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone been rocking out with a Slip on Exhaust, and the Fuelpak 3 without an high flow air cleaner?

Just bought the fp3 but am nervous about comitting (warranty void and all).

I am going to drive up to Houston tomorrow (From College Station) and was thinking about getting up early and flashing to the canned map with stock Air Cleaner and V&H slip-on (I currently have the Firebrand Loose Cannon, decal pops have been relatively increasing lately).

·
Registered
60 Posts
Has anyone been rocking out with a Slip on Exhaust, and the Fuelpak 3 without an high flow air cleaner?

Just bought the fp3 but am nervous about comitting (warranty void and all).

I am going to drive up to Houston tomorrow (From College Station) and was thinking about getting up early and flashing to the canned map with stock Air Cleaner and V&H slip-on (I currently have the Firebrand Loose Cannon, decal pops have been relatively increasing lately).
I use the fp3, SE slip on, and SE high flow air cleaner. Just download a map closest to your setup. Give her a test ride. If she pops a lot, then use auto tone. You will love it.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I have the Firebrand Grand Prix muffler and K&N(Drop in) filter. Put a FP3 on. Using the Map V&H recommended. The V&H SO with Standard Baffle and Stock Intake. And I still (Occasionally) get some popping on deceleration. Haven't tried the Auto Tune feature.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I ended up using the V&H Comp SO option with Stock Filter, and man there is a difference. Throttle control for sure, I can wait to get a High flow air intake. I appreciate all the feedback!

I hooked it up and drove 150 miles to Houston and back on Mothers day, and despite getting caught in a ton of rain, it rode really smooth. Even cleared up the exhaust note a bit.

I would recommend the FP3 to anyone, took longer to read the directions then flash the map!

·
Registered
491 Posts
Got an FP3 at a fair price of $329.00. I figure after rolling 25,000 miles on the stock tune, it was time.
I'm using an older Samsung phone to run the app. I can park close enough to my apartment that I can WiFi that phone to my cable router to download a map. I have stock air cleaner with a drop in K&N filter and a Loose Cannon with a DQ baffle.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
The Problem I had, Called V&H. And was told to try a different Wifi router. Like the Free WiFi at Home Depot. Problem I had was Connecting to the Server.

I plugged my FP3 in a few months ago. Ran the App on my phone. It did a Firmware Update on the FP3. you may want to connect it from time to time. FP3 has to be connected to the bike to be powered on.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I haven't flashed yet, I have updated the firmware just using wifi. I still need to take my motorcycle in for its 25,000 mile service check.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I ran a Firebrand loose cannon with stock air and no flash for 8 months with no issue. I didn't get an FP3 and flash it until I added the K&N Cone. Interestingly, I get more power with the decibel reducer installed as a baffle.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts