Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I've just ordered the V&H fp3. I'm currently running the stock exhaust with the baffles removed and have a K&N high flow air charger to fit when the tuner arrives. Any advice for tuning with this setup?

Thanks

·
Registered
268 Posts
I have played around with my FP3 for a while and have altered my bike over time by changing the exhausts and the air filter. Contacting the technical support was not really an option for me as I am in the UK and the time difference between here and USA was a problem and if I contacted them by email it quite often would take a couple of days for them to respond, as such trying to sort out a simple issue could take a week or so - has to be much better in the States I guess - but I personally found that the option for the FP3 to 'learn' via the auto-tune method was very easy to do and has improved my set up. I now get a pretty constant 50+ mpg and my performance appears to be spot on. If you get 'stuck' that is a very easy option to use and there are plenty of resources on the web explaining the process if you are uncertain.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have the VH intake, Bassanni Exhaust. I used the VH map for that set up. I called the VH people and they said to choose the one that was similar. I get a decel pop every once in awhile. But I love how my little bike runs now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts