Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
This same thing just happened to my wife's XG750 over Memorial Day weekend, in the middle of nowhere. Bolt completely sheered inside the pulley spindle, unthreaded and flew out and fused into the plastic shroud. Please add me to your list for the NHTSA report, assuming you're still monitoring this.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Harley-Davidson Street 750 in Sunglo Velocity Red
680 Posts
Anyway, anyone who wants to submit please get back to me. If you private message it will show up in my email so I can give that to the investigation team as well.
If you hover over @steelrain's name above you will get the following information:

steelrain
Registered
Joined Mar 12, 2016

There is also a link to message him. I would use that to PM him and find out if he is still passively monitoring this through email updates. He doesn't seem to be actively coming to the forum since he traded bikes.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Hi all,

Got the PM,s sorry to see this is continuing to happen to others. Keep the reports going, here is the information I have:

[email protected]
and case: VOQ- 11183385
Last contact with Santiago regarding this was Oct 28, 2019 11:31 AM

Covid hit last year and I was down for a while myself. I haven't checked much on this since that time. Hopefully, no one has been hurt. Honestly, even though I don't have that bike any more if this ever makes it to a class action feel free to contact me I'll provide records etc. as well. I don't dislike HD but the fact they keep ignoring this is pretty sad and maybe the only way to get it addressed now.

·
Super Moderator
2016 Harley-Davidson Street 750 in Sunglo Velocity Red
680 Posts
Another action that can be taken is to go directly to the NHTSA Report a Vehicle Safety Problem website. It wouldn't hurt to reference @steelrain's case number so that we don't have a large number of bureaucrats chasing the same problem.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Hello Street Fans,

Could someone go over the process of replacing the bolt? I have read this entire thread several times but It would help me if someone would make a video or make a step by step set of instructions, parts, etc. I have the 2016 XG 500.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello Street Fans,

Could someone go over the process of replacing the bolt? I have read this entire thread several times but It would help me if someone would make a video or make a step by step set of instructions, parts, etc. I have the 2016 XG 500.

Thanks in advance
I'm looking for this info too, do you guys applied locktite when installing new bolt ?

41 - 46 of 46 Posts