Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I recently picked up a used 2015 street 500 as my first bike. One of the first things I did was change my headlight with one of those Daymaker knock-off LED lights from Amazon. I believe the name is Wisamic. Anyway, after the change I noticed my front brake no longer triggers my rear brake light.

I can’t say for sure the problem didn’t exist before the headlight change, but thought I’d provide as much info as possible. The rear brake does trigger the brake light however.

Any advice is much appreciated. Below is a link to the headlight if anyone is interested:

Wisamic 5-3/4" 5.75" LED Headlight
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DZU30S0/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_h3fmCb3TYX1QM

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi Roland
I changed the headlight on my street rod last week for a knock off version (i have done a few now) and all went well.
Inside the headlight cowl, there is nothing that will effect your brake lights.
Did you do anything else near to the handlebars ? - there is a little switch in the front brake lever that triggers the rear light - check that but be careful, its a little fiddly.

Rowle UK

·
Registered
286 Posts
Roland Montes I have fitted the exact same headlight unit to my 750 and all is fine. As Rowle says there is nothing in the headlight that could interfere with the brake lights - just the cables for the beams and the pilot light.

Hope you sort the problem.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies everyone, found out the electrical connection was full of grime so I cleaned it up and all works perfectly now.

I'm guessing the problem was there before the headlight change but I just never noticed it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
What is the location of the connection ?

I got the exact same issue with the same exact headlight installed. I know mine worked before installing the headlight now it doesn’t light......

·
Registered
55 Posts
I've had the same issue, that little bit of fiddling can mush the grime so that no connection is made. Same thing with the clutch to start. Clean them up and see if that takes care of it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts