Harley Davidson Street Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
When we built choppers in the 70's we almost never had a front fender. That's the coolest look for sure! Both the Street 750 and 500 lend themselves well to customizing as has already been proven with many of the Bobber style bikes already built by guys all over the world. Personally I love the look of a Street 500/750 that has shoulder height Ape Hangers and a wire wheel conversion and no front fender and maybe a chrome headlight from a 1980 Wide Glide.

·
Registered
2015 street 750, 04 Kawasaki zx636
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When we built choppers in the 70's we almost never had a front fender. That's the coolest look for sure! Both the Street 750 and 500 lend themselves well to customizing as has already been proven with many of the Bobber style bikes already built by guys all over the world. Personally I love the look of a Street 500/750 that has shoulder height Ape Hangers and a wire wheel conversion and no front fender and maybe a chrome headlight from a 1980 Wide Glide.
The only real reason I asked is because some bikes say the fender is for “structural integrity” but I’ve had it off since I posted this question without issue, at speed my tire was rubbing against the fender.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts