Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have an issue with a front wheel pulsating bounce? My starts around 35 mph and does not seem to get worse with speed. The tire looks to be mounted evenly on the rim, all the rim weights placed for balancing are there and the entire bike has less than 100 miles on it. Anyone have a guess to what maybe the cause?

·
Registered
491 Posts
Anyone have an issue with a front wheel pulsating bounce? My starts around 35 mph and does not seem to get worse with speed. The tire looks to be mounted evenly on the rim, all the rim weights placed for balancing are there and the entire bike has less than 100 miles on it. Anyone have a guess to what maybe the cause?
I suggest you take the bike back to the dealer and have that front tire checked along with the wheel balanced. Also check your forks too.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Yep, something is out of balance - you say ALL the weights are in place? Could be that one has come off and you didn't notice? Either way, as Solo750owner suggests, it's not something the layman can do - needs re-balancing or inspecting. Keep the speed down till it's sorted too cos if the vibes are very bad they could do further damage to other components :(

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I figured a trip to the dealer was in order but I don’t have a warranty and I was trying to avoid the sure to be expensive bill. I bought the bike with 56 miles on it but it was titled so it could not be sold as new.

·
Registered
451 Posts
What about “ride on tire sealant” apparently tire balancing is not required with its use. It that correct?

Yes and no. Some tire products like Ride on are meant to balance , it also offers some sealing. very good product. However you must ID the problem before using any product that may just mask an issue.
You purchased the bike with 56 miles out of warranty. How long did it sit, where did it sit. While not a big issue with today's tires . If it sat a long time low on air it may have a flat spot. You won't see it but you will feel it. Check the air pressure . It amy go away with some riding may not. The dealer that sold it should at least offer some help with it.
It is unlikely the bike had any sealer or product added to it with that few miles ,it is possible something was added and as it sat so long it caused a balance issue. Still not likely.
I use Ride on in all the bike tires, I find it effect. And worth the cost. Again find the problem first don't cover it up

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well the pulsating front end was due to a flat spot on the tire that was present when a bought it. The dealer said that the tire has no warranty even though it only had 400 miles on it. They replaced the tire and charged me $100. That charge is defined on the bill as “good will”. I hate to see if the didn’t like me......

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same issue in my XG750A 2018 Street Rod. It is a pulsing vibration when over 50 kmph (Specially annoying when wearing glasses and a full face helmet). I have played with changing tire pressure to even 30, even 40 but I still have the issue. I will take the bike to dealership for a wheel balance check. Currently I am using recommended tire pressure of front 36psi and rear 42psi in cold but still having issues. Any other thoughts?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts