Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there! Here I am, posting for the first time to the HDStreet Forums and I wish it was a great story about riding or modifications but it's more of a technical question.

As a new owner (just over a week) all I've been doing to staring at my beautiful new bike. Today I walked out of work for a break and noticed something I hadn't seen before. A hose hanging down that hadn't been there before. It feeds back from the gas tank along the top tubes and then down the right side of the centerpost to a coupler. Then the hose that's hanging down connects to the other side and hangs down right in front of my back tire.

My owner's manual is at home and there's no one there to check it out for me so I call up the Service Department at my local dealer and asked about it. They called be back in about ten minutes just like they said they would and said it was the fuel tank vent hose.

Anybody got their bike parked next to them and want to take a look and see where their's is tucked? The service department said it's supposed to hang there but there's no way I wouldn't have seen a lose hose hanging down so I'm just curious where it dislodged from.

Maybe you can help, maybe you can't. Maybe I'm just crazy and blocked it out the 4,325,679 times I looked lovingly at my bike before. Any assistance would be fantastic. Sorry if this is posted in the wrong area.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Yep, mine is there too.. I Noticed it because I followed my husband on it home from the dealership and he stopped to fill the tank. Got it very full and at the next light I could see the excess fuel coming out of that hose. I guess that means it works :eek:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hey there! Here I am, posting for the first time to the HDStreet Forums and I wish it was a great story about riding or modifications but it's more of a technical question.

As a new owner (just over a week) all I've been doing to staring at my beautiful new bike. Today I walked out of work for a break and noticed something I hadn't seen before. A hose hanging down that hadn't been there before. It feeds back from the gas tank along the top tubes and then down the right side of the centerpost to a coupler. Then the hose that's hanging down connects to the other side and hangs down right in front of my back tire.

My owner's manual is at home and there's no one there to check it out for me so I call up the Service Department at my local dealer and asked about it. They called be back in about ten minutes just like they said they would and said it was the fuel tank vent hose.

Anybody got their bike parked next to them and want to take a look and see where their's is tucked? The service department said it's supposed to hang there but there's no way I wouldn't have seen a lose hose hanging down so I'm just curious where it dislodged from.

Maybe you can help, maybe you can't. Maybe I'm just crazy and blocked it out the 4,325,679 times I looked lovingly at my bike before. Any assistance would be fantastic. Sorry if this is posted in the wrong area.
There you go dude ...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you! Once I got home I grabbed my manual. I guess it was just tucked away before and I never noticed it.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Since we are on the subject of hoses, notice that there is also one connecting the left and right side of your gas tank. If that one ever comes loose on either side, things will get messy quickly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have yall ever head gasoline leaking from this house after parking it from a ride. It smells up the whole garage. Sometimes its worse than others. I dont think I'm over filling it either..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts