Harley Davidson Street Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I am looking to buy one of these units for my bike, and as I have no experience with them, is one better than the other, or is it more or less personal prefrance? I have used tuners on all my trucks and cars.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey guys, I am looking to buy one of these units for my bike, and as I have no experience with them, is one better than the other, or is it more or less personal prefrance? I have used tuners on all my trucks and cars.
I have the FP3 and love it. Like everyone else said you just plug it in and you're pretty much ready to go. It's also nice because it gives you an RPM and gear indicator gauge right on your phone. That paired up with a RAM X-mount on my handlebars gives me the Tach that should have came with the bike Lol.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are the results you guys get night and day, or just marginal gains?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sweet, I plan on ordering the V&H intake, I already have the Screaming eagle muffler, but I usually run without a muffler on.

·
Registered
8 Posts
More towards night and day. I definitely noticed a difference. I also did the V&H Naked Air Cleaner and slip on exhaust along with the FP3. The bike sounds way better and the first time I started the bike after putting the air cleaner on you can just hear it sucking in way more air. With the stock intake you don't hear it at all.

But that's exactly the way I put it the other day to someone who asked me, "more pep".

·
Registered
15 Posts
FP3 for me all the way. Absolutely love it especially for the indicators mentioned above and the phone mounted on the handlebar.

·
Registered
490 Posts
FP3 for me all the way. Absolutely love it especially for the indicators mentioned above and the phone mounted on the handlebar.
What kind of fuel mileage are you getting now? In other words, how far can you go a tank of gas? I can still get 150 miles with stock intake air cleaner and Slip on Firebrand exhaust.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Just installed the FP3 on our bikes, worlds better than the stock tune. Not sure yet how the FP3 has impacted mileage on our bikes, but I'll update when I get a chance to ride more than 10 miles (South Texas has been inundated with rain last week and a half, we've only been able to get out for a couple of short runs down the road).

·
Registered
80 Posts
V&H Comp exhaust, Naked 02 air filter, FP3 standard map for the V&H exhaust and intake. Some what noticeably better torque. Nothing extraordinary - we're only taking about a couple HP difference than stock. The main feature for me was to get rid of that fugly HD exhaust and stop the [lean] popping from the HD package 1 upgrade. Was getting 35 MPG (9000 mile) at highway speed before adding FP3, now down to 30MPG (600 miles). Worth it to get rid of popping... Make sure to put your Standard or high performance HD air cleaner back on and reset your map to the HD stage one that HD installed -or your warranty will be voided.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts