Harley Davidson Street Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A place to share our best responses for the inevitable “that’s not a real Harley” banter.

“I agree, it’s way better.”

Dual overhead cams, four valves per cylinder, water cooled, high revving, Porche designed engine with more horsepower than a Sportster 1200 on a nimble frame with better handling, higher ground clearance, and longer suspension travel … that can also do wheelies. That’s what I’m riding.

So are you!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Doug - That's what I'm talking about! I've ridden all the old British iron. It's not realistic to pretend that basic engine designs should have been addressed. Same with HD. I showed a pic of my 2016 Street 750 to a knowledgeable friend of mine. He saw the efficient angle of the 'new' Street and commented very positively! You can't fool the real motor guys!
My Street no longer runs lean. I have a good pipe and air filter. A local dealer set up a Dobeck EJK fuel controller and the XG is a bona fide hot ride!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.