Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a 2016 HD street xg750 in March and have been loving the ride. My few concerns is the fuel consumption and some modifications. I've been looking into trying to find a replacement 5 gal tank over the 3.5 gal tank but don't seem to have much luck. Also the fuel light starts to flicker at around 85 to 95 miles on my trip odometer. But I've never ran it past that on miles. Is this indicating the .8 gal remaining or is this just the first step to the low fuel light coming on? Just trying to find different ways to not run out of gas on the highway lol. It will also be noted that I run it like a bat out of **** any chance I can so that means going 90 or so on highways and about 50 to 60 in town. Any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Super Moderator
2016 Harley-Davidson Street 750 in Sunglo Velocity Red
680 Posts
Check out the thread Street Rod 750 - 48 Tank Swap. In that thread @Jangofett05 switches out for a Sportster tank that is actually smaller than the Street 750 tank, but you could use one of the 4.5 gallon Sportster tanks like was used on the Sportster 1200 Custom instead.

·
Registered
27 Posts
In agreement with @PugslyCat with the 4.5 gallon sportster tank, though you would have to relocate the front mounting tabs to a lower position to fit. I've done so on my bike w/ no issues. Generally fill the tank between every 160-180 miles now or when I feel it's getting low, and mostly city riding.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts