Harley Davidson Street Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right Guys 'n' Gals, here is one for the more ambitious of you to ponder.....................

I am wondering if anyone knows what the gear ratios for the XG750 expressed as a fraction are? I have trolled the internet to no avail.

For those of you who have no idea what I am referring to, you will need the number of teeth on each tooth ring and also the amount of teeth on the drive pinion.

I have them as a decimal but would like them in the form of a fraction i.e. 3.337 / 1 etc.

Below is what I have at present in decimal form:

1st 14.272
2nd 10.074
3rd 7.446
4th 6.006
5th 5.037
6th 4.533

Any ideas ??????????? :nerd:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Right Guys 'n' Gals, here is one for the more ambitious of you to ponder.....................

I am wondering if anyone knows what the gear ratios for the XG750 expressed as a fraction are? I have trolled the internet to no avail.

For those of you who have no idea what I am referring to, you will need the number of teeth on each tooth ring and also the amount of teeth on the drive pinion.

I have them as a decimal but would like them in the form of a fraction i.e. 3.337 / 1 etc.

Below is what I have at present in decimal form:

1st 14.272
2nd 10.074
3rd 7.446
4th 6.006
5th 5.037
6th 4.533

Any ideas ??????????? 🤓
WHAT I WANT TO KNOW IS... WTF was H-D thinking?! 1,2,3 are fine, 4 and 5 come strong even tho it is still paultry speed, 6 leaves me COMPLETELY disapointed, screaming raped banshe! yet only doing 60 MPH, changed exhaust to a V&H and now car drivers are forced to acknowledge that i'm there and no longer have excuses to sideswipe me thanks to the loud-horn cannon pipe!but, much like my old SUZUKI KATAKANA 750, i expected to be at 130MPH at 4rth gear, and cooking [email protected] 6th gear. I know, i know! its not an actual sport bike, BUT! it is a 750! and light weigh! 6th gear should be the 130MPH realm before becoming loud enough to vibrate a church!

·
Registered
67 Posts
It's more a low rpm, small cylinder twin, the suz a four piston spread out screamer.

So it's peak torque in fourth and fifth, into the torque about half is sixth?

Played out at 120 and signs off. The suz is heavily warmed over is the guess. I don't know about a 750 going 177 in what year all stock?

Disclaimer: Am just a hack backyard mechanic, never owned, or ridden this model. Way to slow for me, no offence.

·
Registered
6 Posts
It's more a low rpm, small cylinder twin, the suz a four piston spread out screamer.

So it's peak torque in fourth and fifth, into the torque about half is sixth?

Played out at 120 and signs off. The suz is heavily warmed over is the guess. I don't know about a 750 going 177 in what year all stock?

Disclaimer: Am just a hack backyard mechanic, never owned, or ridden this model. Way to slow for me, no offence.
Helo! it's a 2015 street 750, stock other than i modified the suspension and the handle bars to behave a little more like a BUEL or other Jap bike, while i love how she handles now!, the lack of go on the highway is making me worry!, i was told a smaller sprocket and shorter belt would buy me more top end speed, since the bike has decent torque, but i am hoping some one else has explored this ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts