Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where do you throw your gas tank top and key when your fillin' up? I just throw mine up on the gas pump. Wouldn't it scratch up the tank, if I threw it on there? I just ask, because I got some roadside assistance and put it on the ground today. I try and take super good care of my stuff.

·
Super Moderator
355 Posts
If I'm filling up at a gas station I will normally place the cap on top of the pump.
If I'm fueling from a gas can I will put it on top of the right-hand saddle bag. I've got throw over bags and there is a nice little valley that holds the cap well.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
good tip on the saddlebags. i should have done that yesterday, when i was getting roadside assistance.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Whatever you do, DON'T Drop it. Slipped out of my hand. Bent. Had to buy an Entire Lock Set. With a new key. Which wasn't too expensive. With the 2 Crossover Tube Clamps, Cost $35 or so in Parts. Didn't have the $150 Labor. Replaced all myself. Took me 2 1/2 hours since I have never taken the Triple Tree off before. Put it back together and pinched the wiring on the start button. Another $12 or so. And about 20 minutes to replace the Right Hand Control Switch. Then I had to call HD and inform them I have a new Ignition Switch and lockset. Incase of future recall. And Gave the Key Code to them and the Dealer as well. Incase I need a new key cut.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts