Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a silly but an unanswered question to ask.
What is the exact air pressure in terms of PSI for Street 750 MRF tyres in India. As i ride long distances so very particular maintaining the correct pressure. Please help.
Also, the same is applicable to Nitrogen also? 0:)

·
Registered
766 Posts
I cant remember exactly what the tire pressure is supposed to be.
34 psi front 42 psi back...?

the bikes manual should tell ya for sure.

I thought about going with nitrogen also, but another member here stated that he thought it wasn't needed because of the small size tires we have, the pressure doesn't fluctuate hardly at all, as large tires do, and these bikes aren't ridden as hard as racing bikes.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have a silly but an unanswered question to ask.
What is the exact air pressure in terms of PSI for Street 750 MRF tyres in India. As i ride long distances so very particular maintaining the correct pressure. Please help.
Also, the same is applicable to Nitrogen also? 0:)
Its thr in the manual dude....for MRF it is 32 in front and 40 in back.....

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks bro.... I might have missed it, as just got lil time for a glimpse over that.
:)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I cant remember exactly what the tire pressure is supposed to be.
34 psi front 42 psi back...?

I thought about going with nitrogen also, but another member here stated that he thought it wasn't needed because of the small size tires we have, the pressure doesn't fluctuate hardly at all, as large tires do, and these bikes aren't ridden as hard as racing bikes.
Thanks Rock

Please correct me if I am wrong , but little my experience says if you ride on concrete highways for prolonged it's better to opt for Nitrogen to ride as even these machines are mostly ridden over 100 kmph speed and conditions in India are really adverse.

Another point i would add is that the rear tyre has less space for the nitrogen nozzle, i couldn't find the small nozzle nitrogen for rear tyre.

·
Registered
766 Posts
honestly I cant tell ya for sure about any nitrogen benefits in these small tires. if I ran hard down concrete roads a lot, then maybe I'd try it.

also, maybe 90 degree angled valve stem extensions may help, I did put a set on my ST years ago. I haven't put any on my Street 750 yet.
I had actual angeled valve stems put on my ST when I did the first tire change, i'll do the same with the street later.

·
Registered
84 Posts
honestly I cant tell ya for sure about any nitrogen benefits in these small tires. if I ran hard down concrete roads a lot, then maybe I'd try it.

also, maybe 90 degree angled valve stem extensions may help, I did put a set on my ST years ago. I haven't put any on my Street 750 yet.
I had actual angeled valve stems put on my ST when I did the first tire change, i'll do the same with the street later.
I think 90 degree stem valves are the best option......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts