Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
I reused mine when I changed out my grips. It was not difficult to do. I don't think I needed to remove the throttle tube to make the change.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I bought another stock throttle tube...its cheap...and installed a Right grip from Kuryakyn Black ISO 6340 (Universal 1 inch) on my Street 750. The grip set came with spacer (insert inside grip) which I had to use a part of cause the grip was longer than stock. Harley Davidson decided to make the throttle tube the size of a 1 inch and then install it on a 7/8th handle bar for the Street 750 and 500. You other option would be to replace the stock throttle tube with a third party one so that you could use almost any 7/8 grips without having one side look lopsided.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I bought a set of 1" grips on eBay that came with a throttle tube. Then I bought a piece of hose/tube that was 7/8" ID and 1" OD. Put tube on the bars, then grip over tube. Works great!

I was installing new bars, so I left the old grips on the original bars.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I bought 1" grips from Lowbrow, one fit over my left bar no prob. The right one had a bigger bore and was a bit hard to get on, but it fits with the stock twist grip tube!
(I made it fit, lol)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts