Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow HD Street owners

Glad i found this forum, so far i have looked at the different threads and its incredibly informational. Thank you all for sharing.
I've been a 750 owner for about 2 years now, and i'm looking to change my handlebar for better comfort while riding
and better visibility when using my mirrors. I currently have the stock bar, and when i ride i have to drop my shoulder
to have a clear view of what's behind me. I also tend to slouch bit while riding, I'm about 5'7 so not tall at all per say so the increase would't be much but significant
enough for riding comfort.

Currently looking at the following Bitwell Zed Bars, i love the look it would give my bike. However, i don't believe they will give me the height that im looking for so i may
just need to end up using risers.My question what Risers would you recommend? Doesn't seem like there is much out there with the 7"8 diameter for the HD Street.
Would i need to change brake/clutch cables with the new bars and possibly risers?

PS: I'm only looking to end with a 9" rise.. open to any suggestions/ideas you guys may have.

Zed Bars: https://www.biltwellinc.com/p409/buy/parts-amp-accessories/handlebars/7-8-quot-bars/-zed-handlebars-7-8-quot-black/

Thank you all!

·
Registered
294 Posts
There are many different types of bars available - depends what you want i.e. how high you want your arms.

Yes, any alteration you make to the bars will require the cables and wires to be extended / replaced - quite a costly exercise.

If your problem is with the mirrors and seeing behind there are a lot of resources on Ebay and Amazon that will solve this issue.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Motorcycle-Black-Mirror-Relocation-Extension-Adapter-Kit-for-Harley-Davidson-CVO/132704096312?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&fbclid=IwAR33bRB80NyYG4kkEfYT3Xgm7qsXaARjuwb68b-5wwU76iO2mqpBvG0vDp4

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am also 5'7" and considering changing the bars on my 750 to the Biltwell Zed. Would love to see pics and hear your experience with the conversion. As for the mirrors, getting the extensions will do the trick.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Speaking of Riding Position, am 5'8" and having problem with rear mirror, install an extension and it solved my problem. have been searching around for the best riding position for our street, when it comes to cruiser, feet for brakes/gear are slightly forward, however our street brake/gear are more upright. for long distance, on our arms, do one bent or straight. when i first ride, i got cramps on my thigh. and since i bought this bike, comtemplating to adjust the stock handlebar towards me, but am not sure what is a good posture position. any pointers appreciated.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Looks awesome, what rise is this and did you have to modify/change your cables at all?
I used the stock handlebar clamp. Replaced throttle/idle, brake and clutch cables. Used Magnum cables. Had to drill out holes for the switch housing on the handle bars. I also added knurls to the handle bar similar to the stock handle bar. Grips, switches, mirrors are stock. The biggest cost was the cables. I got the black pearl ones. I sacrificed the switch cluster wires from a set I purchased from the dealer to extend the wire length by adding onto the first set of wires using a soldering iron and heat shrink and black electrical tape. Since the 7/8 bars are too small to run wires inside, I used black wire ties. With the 12 inch mini apes, I don't have to bend my back when I walk the bike backwards into my garage.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
I am about the same height as you and have changed my bars for Biltwell MX
The riding position is now brilliant and re-using the standard mirrors you can see everything !
those handlebars look perfect. Did you change the stock cables ??

1 - 11 of 11 Posts