Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
I expect these bikes to be pretty powerful. If the names are an indication of the displacement of the engine, and given that the bikes don't look to be too heavy, I am thinking that these things will really move. Do we know the exact engines that will be in he Street 500 and 750 yet?

·
Registered
128 Posts
I expect these bikes to be pretty powerful. If the names are an indication of the displacement of the engine, and given that the bikes don't look to be too heavy, I am thinking that these things will really move. Do we know the exact engines that will be in he Street 500 and 750 yet?
I've seen it listed as the Revolution X motor. Not much more out there that I've been able to find out.

·
Registered
21 Posts
60 degree V, fuel injected, SOHC, 4 valves per cylinder, screw tappet adjustment. European HP reported as mid 30s for the 500, mid 50s for the 750. This is pretty much the same as most other twins of this displacement. Also in line with HP and emissions restrictions and HP taxs in the EU and India. US tuning may differ, but I doubt it. These are meant to be "World" bikes.

What I do not doubt is several pages of Screaming Eagle HP accessories. As with their other bikes, HD will sell you all the HP you want, after the bike is off the sales floor.

·
Registered
128 Posts
60 degree V, fuel injected, SOHC, 4 valves per cylinder, screw tappet adjustment. European HP reported as mid 30s for the 500.
Good to know, that is a major increase over the 16 hp I have now.:D Any idea if these motors will have a oil filter? My current bike doesn't and it would be nice not to have to change the oil every 1000 miles.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
also depends how long the oil is sitting for

i usually change the oil after 6 months if i haven't ridden.

·
Registered
544 Posts
The most important oil change in an engines life is at a mere fifty miles. You want to get any shavings out of the oil as soon as possible. During break in the engine is sort of rubbing itself in and it will make a tiny amount of metal in the process. Dump the oil and change the filter at fifty miles, 1000 miles, 2500 miles, 5000 miles and every 5000 miles thereafter. Pay attention to any fuzz you might find on the drain plug magnet. Do that and the engine will live a good long time.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Could anyone provide me the handlebar and front fork tube diameters. We have a project in the works, and would appreciate that info. Thanks in advance. Drew

·
Premium Member
485 Posts
Tech SPEC
Price$7499
Engine typel-c 60-deg. V-twin
Valve trainSOHC, 8v
Displacement749cc
Transmission6-speed
Claimed horsepowerna
Claimed torque44.3 lb.-ft. @ 4000 rpm
FrameSteel double cradle
Front suspension Showa fork
Rear suspensionDual Showa shocks, adjustable for spring preload
Front brakeTwo-piston caliper
Rear brakeTwo-piston caliper
Front tire100/80R-17 Michelin Scorcher
Rear tire140/75R-15 Michelin Scorcher
Seat height27.9 in.
Wheelbase60.4 in.
Fuel capacity3.5 gal.
Claimed curb weight489 lb.
Contactharley-davidson.com

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Could anyone provide me the handlebar and front fork tube diameters. We have a project in the works, and would appreciate that info. Thanks in advance. Drew
probably going to have to grab the info from some of the folks in asia.

·
Registered
121 Posts
If things go well we hope to be in possession of a New 500 in the very near future, and will take measurements at that time. Thank you though for the suggestion. Drew

p.s.
We may have some fun news at that time as well.
Stay tuned.

Reactions: Sherri

·
Registered
139 Posts

The handlebars are 7/8". Been looking, but haven't found the fork tube diameters yet.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Thank you. That is a help.

Reactions: Sherri
1 - 20 of 22 Posts