Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How many of you wear Harley Davidson clothing, jacket, boots, gloves, etc.? Several of my fellow Harley owners tell me I need to get into the mystique and dress Harley. What do you think?

·
Registered
283 Posts
How many of you wear Harley Davidson clothing, jacket, boots, gloves, etc.? Several of my fellow Harley owners tell me I need to get into the mystic and dress Harley. What do you all think?
Although I am waiting tog get my bike, I think it is your choice what you want to wear. I am not buying a Harley because I want to belong, but because I want this bike. Similarly, if you want to be accepted as a typical HOG an seen as one, by all means go ahead and buy their clothing. I for one want to retain my individuality. Customise my bike and self the way I like it.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I don't think you need to 'dress harley' but if you're really into the lifestyle you just may want to. But I don't think there's a NEED to do this, more of if you want to, forget what you friends think.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I ride with anyone from fair weather weekend warriors to 1%ers. I don't wear anything Harley, except my tee-shirts, and see a variety of them that run the entire gamut. Some wear nothing but Harley, some wear nothing Harley, most are somewhere in between.

I think most of the Harley clothes are just super marked up, and in some cases nowhere near as protective. The leather in my jacket and chaps is 2-3 times thicker than the Harley gear, and mine cost about 1/4 of what they charge. Been wearing the same leather for the last 12 years without any problems. A couple "Harley only" people I know have gone through at least a couple of jackets in that time.

I would suggest starting out with what you can afford, and what YOU want. I just know I would rather put $1000 into my bike, than into a jacket and chaps.

Keep the Shiny Side up!!

·
Registered
548 Posts
I'm not big on brand matching gear. There is some really cool gear out there that will match the look of the street perfectly. TT style jackets are absolutely gorgeous, waxed cotton is nice and cool as well as heavy duty enough in the event you chuck it up the road.

Besides if you listened to the diehards you would of never bought a 750 ;)

·
Registered
120 Posts
No you do not have to wear/purchase Harley clothing or anything else for that matter. I am a HOG member and on our Chapters board. I do wear Harley stuff. I purchased jackets that I liked the styling of. Or if I find an item that fits really well. You do pay top dollar. If you look around you can find good deals on non-Harley items. I think dress for safety. Get the best you can afford. If it is HD fine, if not it really does not matter.

·
Registered
228 Posts
No a fan of Harley riding gear. I just don't like to look so branded. I buy my clothes and riding gear based on what I like, not based on what brand they are from.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What about Harley Davidson Patches on Jackets and vests? Are you in with this?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have a stack of patches from rally's, charity runs, funny ones, serious ones, etc. I had them stuck on a cork board at my last house, and just haven't gotten them back up yet. I have a vest I am considering putting them on, but currently I just run black leather. LOL

I know lots of guys that have their vests and or jackets covered in patches, and some with multiple vests for different reasons (military themed for military charity rides as an example). The riding climate around here is pretty much to each his/her own, and whatever makes you happy!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I grew up in a Harley household where everything was Harley so I don't mind the Jackets/Shirts/Hats etc but I don't think twice if I see someone wearing what they prefer. Some people are just closed minded robots though.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I wear a Harley jacket, gloves and glasses. I got a good deal and all and that's the only reason....

My chaps are another brand as are my boots.

·
Registered
261 Posts
To each, their own.

I have a couple HD T-shirts, and my wife bought those for me. I also have John Deere T's, a Studebaker T, and a Polaris dealer T. Guess what brands my mower, pickup, and atvs are...
But I am not part of the "sheeple" crowd, living the HD life style. Far from it... heck I have the most undesirable Harley of them all in my VRSCR.

If you want to wear all the HD jackets, gloves, helmets, bandanas, boots, etc., go for it. It will help keep Harley Davidson in business. You are happy, HD is happy... everybody is happy.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts