Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished the new riders course over the weekend at Gateway Harley Davidson. It was an absolute blast learning to ride on a Street 500. My only gripe was the engine gaurds they use are really low and i kept grinding the crap out of them while leaning in the turns. I cant wait to get my own bike. Street Rod here i come.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I'm glad you enjoyed the experience. The Riding Academy bikes have a bunch of orange guards on them. In another thread it was pointed out that except for the engine guard, all can be purchased in black for use on the street. There was speculation in that thread that the engine guard wouldn't be usable outside the course because it would scrape so much.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm glad you enjoyed the experience. The Riding Academy bikes have a bunch of orange guards on them. In another thread it was pointed out that except for the engine guard, all can be purchased in black for use on the street. There was speculation in that thread that the engine guard wouldn't be usable outside the course because it would scrape so much.
yeah its way lower than the regular engine guards. I scraped the ground with it four or five times. kinda freaked me out the first time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts