Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to assume Akrapovic is going to be doing a line of exhausts for the Harley Davidson Street 500 and 750. Akra just got into the V twin game and announced a slip on line for the Harley Sportster in July of this year.

I haven't been able to find any concrete info regarding the Street 500 and 750, but considering how many aftermarket option there are for the Street 500 and 750 already you have to assume ;)

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
If Akrapovic doesn't make an exhaust for the Street 500 and Street 750 i'll be surprised. Being a bike in the $6000-8000 range it will be a market they want to get in on. Can't wait to see what they will come out with.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Akrapovic release an exhaust for the VROD that shaved 30lbs from the bike and added 4hp and 2ft lbs.!

Reactions: Livin On

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i heard arlan ness is teaming up with magnaflow to develop exhausts for v twins as well. Who are the other big harley pipers?

·
Registered
244 Posts
The exhaust in the photo above is really nice. I would invest in that. I like how it is black and a double exhaust. Is that not a product that is compatible with the Street 500 and 750? It seems like is already fits on the bike, but you guys are questioning whether or not Akrapovic will even make any. :S

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@Livin On Isn't Arlan Ness like the Chip Foose of the bike world?
basically...

they're basically straight tips ;)

“I am very excited about the new Arlen Ness by MagnaFlow exhaust line,” states Arlen Ness of Arlen Ness Motorcycles. “Cory, Zach and I have been working together on some really exciting designs that look and sound amazing. I can say the motorcycle industry has never seen anything like the new Arlen Ness by MagnaFlow exhaust line. You are going to want to put these pipes on your bike.”

To lead MagnaFlow into the motorcycle market, they have turned to industry veteran Chris McGee. McGee, a former professional international motorcycle racer with an extensive background in media, marketing and brand building has been named Director of the Motorcycle Division at MagnaFlow.
MagnaFlow Announces Partnership with Arlen Ness to Offer Performance Exhaust Systems for American V-Twin Motorcycles

Wnow what about Flowmaster or Borla ;) I've seen guys adapt flowmaster mufflers for race use..

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
It's hard to say I don't discriminate on any fancy or out of this world type bikes. I just look at people's bikes as a form of expression. I appreaciate custom work and originality but having to say that I can see myself on it is a whole different story.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Akras are too expensive for me. I'll probably just stick with stock :) I think the stock street exhaust should be loud enough for me

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Akras are too expensive for me. I'll probably just stick with stock :) I think the stock street exhaust should be loud enough for me
Stock is always good, save yourself money and still get to hear it and get the full experience, but there's just something about how Akra exhaust systems are tuned that I love. Hard to pass up on them, I'll have to sell an artery for one :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts