Harley Davidson Street Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
594 Posts
That brings up a point I've been trying to make as far as the demographic segment HD is attempting to sell the Street to. Why does it have to be a "dark" anything?:confused: The Street is never going to sell to the old guard HD rider, in fact I'm sure they will shun and ridicule them AND anyone who rides one. If HD is really serious about broadening it's customer base they need to drop the old HD image of black this and black that. IMO it is HD's single minded, tunnel vision view of ALOT of potential new to HD motorcycle buyers/riders that could possibly doom the Street's appeal.

Just my .02 worth. BTW, I'd like a red one.:D

Aprilia, Ducati, Moto Guzzi (who can ever forget the aptly named "California Stone"?) and BMW all have flat black models. It's popular in Europe. Heck, even Mercedes Benz is selling some models in flat black, and that paint costs a small fortune over the cost of regular colors.

· Registered
594 Posts
I think more brands should do that. imagine if ducati did that, do you think they ever would?
You haven't been in a Ducati dealership lately. They are every bit the fashion and accessories peddlar that HD is. Aside from every fashion accessory under the sun (but with a more sophisticated European flare rather than the Sleazy Rider Harley style), they have all the cool race ready hardware and custom painted ready to install bodywork for the Monster. Do you remember the "Ducati People" series of magazine ads? Have you been to a "Ducati Island" at a major road race? Have you seen the Ducati fashion shows and their smokin hot female models? Oooh la-la!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.