Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Great video, nice find! The concept looks like a from scratch custom build, which I guess it kinda is. I can see how it leads to the HD Street too.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I hate seeing concepts like this and then seeing the production model after because the production model always ends up looking dinky when compared to the concept. depressing

·
Registered
544 Posts
Interesting to see a VRSCDX/VRSCF (Night Rod Special/Muscle) fork on this concept. It suggests the Street uses the same head bearings other HDs have all shared since 1965 or so, opening up possibilities for other fork swaps. It ials makes me hopeful that the length of the neck is the same as that on the V-Rod (no machining a custom length stem).

I am hoping, too, that the wheels used on the Street share bearings, axles, spacing and brake mounting points with other HDs.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Interesting to see a VRSCDX/VRSCF (Night Rod Special/Muscle) fork on this concept. It suggests the Street uses the same head bearings other HDs have all shared since 1965 or so, opening up possibilities for other fork swaps. It ials makes me hopeful that the length of the neck is the same as that on the V-Rod (no machining a custom length stem).

I am hoping, too, that the wheels used on the Street share bearings, axles, spacing and brake mounting points with other HDs.
Good point. Knowing HD it's highly likely they would do this, make the bike easily interchangeable between other parts. Only way we'll find out is when we finally take delivery of them

·
Registered
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am sure there will be many parts shared

Doubt they had all new parts for the motorcycle.

But being a new platform there might not be as much shared parts as we would like.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts