Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I see they changed the MPG. 2015 XG750 is rated 50. 2016 model is rated 41. Unless it was a Typo??

And now they have a nice Blue color. I just left a Deposit on a 2015 Vivid Black.

I wonder if, HD might have a recall for the Brakes? Being a Safety concern.

·
Registered
766 Posts
I see they changed the MPG. 2015 XG750 is rated 50. 2016 model is rated 41. Unless it was a Typo??

And now they have a nice Blue color. I just left a Deposit on a 2015 Vivid Black.

I've seen others state they are getting like 50+ mpg.
I've always gotten right at 40 mpg and I rarely ride hard.

·
Registered
766 Posts
I like many of the new accessories they show to be available for the street models too.

first thing I wanna get is the tank knee pads

·
Registered
6 Posts

I doubt they will recall the brakes, but it might be available as an upgrade. It would be nice if they at least replaced the brake lines with steel ones though.

·
Registered
309 Posts

The last time that I checked mileage it came out to be 47.31 MPG. This was a complete SHOCK given that at least 90% of the miles were city driving @ an altitude of > 5,280' ! :eek: I'll check it again when the trip odometer reaches 123 miles wherein the last time I couldn't get in one more drop past 2.6 gal.

·
Registered
309 Posts
CORRECTION:

My comment above was from memory. In checking the record, my tank @ 123 miles would only take 2.4 gal for a MPG of 51.25. We'll see what happens in the next check.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Nice to see the usual from a brand-name sales company. Buy a brand new bike, three months later they release a bike with all the geeked stuff fixed and I'm either:

A. Expected to throw the original in the garbage and buy a new one (or lose 5k on trade in).

Or

B. Buy $500+ in parts to maybe finagle my way into having all the braking, weird foot angle, spongy foot pedal issues resolved... All while my local dealer acts like I'm a loser for not buying the "big boy" Harley. They couldn't even put my neutral on tight on prep so it died 50 miles out of town.

First and last Harley...

·
Registered
766 Posts
I filled up yesterday at 892km (554m) and that gives me 56mpg since new. That is 90% city and suburban riding.
wow, i'm at a loss trying to figure out why mine gets 40-41 mpg, when others are getting 50+.

...and the new models specs are stating the same as i'm getting?

I don't ride hard most all of the time, but I have never gotten anywhere near 50 mpg. :eek:

real proud of those getting those 50+ figures, just don't know how they are doing it.

is it the 500 models getting 50+ and the 750 getting 40?

·
Registered
488 Posts
Mine is stock off the floor only with long-stem mirrors. I run 95 Premium as I have done on all my bikes. Current SA fuel price is 12.83 per litre and the R/US$ is around 13 to 1, so in round terms, say a dollar a litre.

·
Registered
159 Posts
wow, i'm at a loss trying to figure out why mine gets 40-41 mpg, when others are getting 50+.

...and the new models specs are stating the same as i'm getting?

I don't ride hard most all of the time, but I have never gotten anywhere near 50 mpg. :eek:

real proud of those getting those 50+ figures, just don't know how they are doing it.

is it the 500 models getting 50+ and the 750 getting 40?
I'm getting about 40mpg also but I thought it was because I ride in the city and almost never on the highway. Maybe not?

·
Registered
309 Posts
A friend of mine, who knows a lot about bikes and mechanics, in general, told me that the TBR EXHAUST "continuous clear air" in his words, probably helped the gas mileage a lot. I don't know but to say that it's the only modification that I've made to the power train. I plan on checking it again soon.

·
Registered
19 Posts
@Rock270

I have been tracking MPG on my 750 from the get-go. I am just shy of 1,500mi driven and have averaged 50.68 MPG on 15 fill-ups, all mixed city/highway riding with some occasional interstate runs. My highest has been 56.07 MPG. My lowest was 46.01 MPG on the day I did the MSF BRC-2 course (lots of sitting around and running drills in 1st/2nd gear).

·
Registered
367 Posts
1 - 20 of 36 Posts