Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
You don't add a relay. You add a hazard switch or an on/off dpst switch (simplest is a pigtailed hazard switch). If you get a hazard switch it will have 3 wires coming off it. The center wire will go to the existing blinker relay and the other wires will go to your left and your right turn signals (it doesn't matter which goes to which). If you open your left control and look at the blinker switch it the one in the middle is the wire that goes to the relay, the other two are you left and right power. That simple. Then just solder them together, heat shrink and mount the hazard button where you wish.

·
Registered
766 Posts
I think it should work f9, though i m nt sure abt the quality......

yes i agree, but my bike is never left out in the weather.
never ridden in the rain, unless i get caught in a popup shower while riding. and as a hazard switch, it wont be used much.

it appears that the look of the switch will be close enough to the other switches that is already on the bike.

while looking around at other switches, i could only find ones that are made in china. anyway i'm gonna try it out and will post pics when i get it installed and working.

every bike i have ever owned, and i've owned many over many years....they all had hazard switches, i dont understand why HD didnt put them on these bikes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts