Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Looks like you did a good job with the coloring. I like that it brings an air of tradition to the bike as well. Anything else that you are going to do with your Street? What is your overall vision for your bike?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks like you did a good job with the coloring. I like that it brings an air of tradition to the bike as well. Anything else that you are going to do with your Street? What is your overall vision for your bike?
Thank you @Yusef. I primarily bought it because I always wanted a Harley Davidson. When the Street came and I took a test ride (through busy streets in Pune), I knew this was the Harley for me.

I have not really thought of a vision but I'm trying to get her to be as comfortable as possible on long rides. That's why I started with the highway footpegs. I might get a better seat - possibly locally made instead of the tall boy version that Harley sells. I might even get the handle bar a little closer to me but I like the current stance for city riding. I plan on using her for my daily commute to the office too. I find the control and maneuverability very good. Just waiting for the rains to subside in India.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
186 Posts
Check out the thread "done for now" bmoothedan. It might give you a few ideas for other things to do to tighten up your machine. The horn placement and cinching up the front brake line is a couple of the tidiest things I did.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Here is another minor addition you can make to add a little color. It's easy to do. Just paint the logo and wipe it off with a cloth. The paint will stay in the indention. You don't have to be meticulous with this one.:)

Harley updated 005.JPG

·
Registered
38 Posts
Here is another minor addition you can make to add a little color. It's easy to do. Just paint the logo and wipe it off with a cloth. The paint will stay in the indention. You don't have to be meticulous with this one.:)

View attachment 3834
Oh, how cool! I'll paint it as you did. Just thought I would add to your cleaning adivce also. Most H-D dealers cary PJ-1 industrial cleaner. If you use it sparingly on a rag, you can clean up any unwaned, dried-on residue on the non-indented parts. Use more, and you'll remove all the applied paint if you can get to it by rubbing in the indented parts of the logo also. Interestingly, PJ-1 doesn't seem to harm the "factory" painted surfaces. Don't take my word for it though. Before using for real, try in a non conspicuous place, or a part you don't care about if you fear damage to painted surface. Also very important is to wear protective gloves as contact with skin can be a health hazard.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Has anybody tried any different colors of paint for the badging other than orange or red? If so, I would be interested in seeing photos. I am kicking around trying a shade of blue or green. I am not sure I want to pull the trigger on this mod. The blacked-out look is part of the reason that I was drawn to this bike in the first place.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I think that blue or turquoise could look good on the black. I would go get a few paint swatches and hold them up to the bike to see if you like the color combo.

You're just thinking about changing the badge color right?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts