Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Today I went to my "Chapel". The Harley Rep talked me into Test Riding a Lowrider S. Screaming Eagle 110. Its a Heavier bike than I am used to. Brakes (ABS) are Strong!! Engine is unbelievable. I never took the Tack above 2250ish and was still able to keep up with the Road Captain and fellow Tester ahead of me. I was #3 in the staggered formation. Traveling in the right lane (2 lane highway) We almost had a mishap. On I95. Where RT1 intersects. Cars were merging onto I95. The two bikes ahead of me just hit their brakes. Hit my brakes. Was afraid of an accident. Turned my head to look into the left lane. Which was clear. And dove for it. The guy riding the Ultra Limited behind me followed me. We eventually got back together in the right lane. At least I got to Test the Power, Brakes, And Accident Avoidance. Considering I have never ridden a bike with such a big engine. Or as heavy.

My 2nd Test Ride today was an Iron 883. The only good thing I can say about it is, It is Agile. Much like the Street 750. Did not like it at all. Clanky engine. Slower than my 750 with Stage 1 mods. Even with the Windshield and Luggage Rack, Saddle Bags. I felt like I was riding a Toy(883).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts