Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you guys think a street 750 would be suitable for police use?
What HD's do police in north america currently use?

·
Registered
228 Posts
I think there was another video of a Harley police bike. So it has been done before. I can't see why not. I could never understand why police departments buy vehicles and bikes that are so nice. Sure it needs an engine that moves it, but does it need Harley styling? Couldn't that money be spent on something just as good but cheaper?

·
Registered
548 Posts
yea they use harleys but they use elctra glides or road kings. Pretty much double the displacement of Street 750 LOL

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Starting to think it's not as heavy duty as it needed to be for that type of job.
Road kings are indeed far more suitable

·
Registered
244 Posts
If part of the point of getting police motorcycles is to be able to keep up with kids on fast bikes, the police would need something faster or they would just get left behind. Imagine the Street 750 chasing after someone on a high powered Ducati. No contest.

·
Registered
548 Posts
If part of the point of getting police motorcycles is to be able to keep up with kids on fast bikes, the police would need something faster or they would just get left behind. Imagine the Street 750 chasing after someone on a high powered Ducati. No contest.
yea but Ducati still can't outrun Motorolla... unless they've come out with warp drive recently ;)

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thats not the only point but it's also for easy of use and even for some cops that patrol highways.

·
Registered
228 Posts
yea but Ducati still can't outrun Motorolla... unless they've come out with warp drive recently ;)
Doesn't Motorolla make cell phones (or used to at least?) Do they make motorbikes too?

Any cop on a Harley would look like a bad ass, and intimidating the public is half of being a cop.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That is true. It also depends on what they need it for. They can have a range of lower output smaller CC bike and then high output high CC bikes for serious speed

·
Registered
548 Posts
It's still good as firefighters not only put out fires but act as paramedics at times. But I don't see many fire departments having these.
then they should make paramedic specific rigs. I saw a stat somewhere an EMS professional on a motorbike can save like 4 more lives than an EMS pro in an ambulance.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
then they should make paramedic specific rigs. I saw a stat somewhere an EMS professional on a motorbike can save like 4 more lives than an EMS pro in an ambulance.
Makes sense.
It's good for those calls that just require in home aid and nothing that requires them to be hauled away.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts