Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

HD Street Specific Saddle Bags

46K views 75 replies 31 participants last post by  70nova 
#1 ·
Are any of you like me looking in to getting some saddle bags to go along with the HD Street?

Haven't seen anything come up yet as its still early but would like to see weather you guys like the leather bags or some hard cases. What is your taste? :rolleyes:

#3 ·
I would steer clear of a bikini. I think that those are a crime. But I would consider leather saddlebags. I wouldn't buy them right away though. I need a reason, like a road trip or something.

i want to find a cool exhaust setup for the Street 500. Something loud, and maybe high set.

#15 ·
Givi makes a quality product, true. For most bikes they would be the first place I'd look if there is nothing suitable OEM.
But I don't see anything in their catalog that visually fits the Streets.
Aftermarket parts for American V twins is a whole new world to me though.

#20 ·
Leather? Why? This isn't an old fashioned airhead aimed at the bandanahead market. V-Rods have decent quality cordura saddlebags with plastic inner panels and floors on quick detatch mounts. Look at the Sport Saddlebags or the VRSCF specific luggage.

For aftermarket hard cases, my choice would be Hepco and Becker Junior saddlebags. H and B are the successors to Krauser and make outstanding motorcycle hard cases and top cases. The cases used on the Buell Ulysses are Hepco and Becker, but the big 40 liter cases, not the Junior cases.

Here is an example of what I am talking about on a Guzzi:

#23 ·
In tat case i think we are slowly starting to see a transition in to canvas materials. its becoming the trend again and you wouldn't be criticized if youre worried about that. I mean what can they say... ohhh look at that "Canvas" bag. lol

#24 ·
The cordura Sport Saddlebags I have on my Street Rod have been very functional for me. When the zippers started acting up due to heavy daily use commuting on it, I simply took them to the local cobbler who put new, heavier duty, zippers on them. Better than new. The only drawback is they are not water tight unless you put the outer rain cover on, and I haven't tested them in heavy rain yet (that is what BMWs are for, Harleys are too hard to clean when you get them really grimy!)

#25 ·
I have just attached the picture of the brochure where accessories are mentioned, have a look and share your comments..

Apologies for pictures not been so clear.

Taken from brochure --> More than 150 accessories are availble to customize Harley-Davidson Street Models including below:

1. Edge Cut Collection - Hand Grips, Mirrors
2. Front Axle Nut Cover.
3. Typhoon Custom Wheels
4. Screamin Eagle Buckshot Exhaust Shield
5. Edge Cut Colection - Footpegs
6. Dark Custom Logo Collection
7. Color Shop Core Divide - Red & Galaxy Black Denim
8. Tank Bag
9. Cafe Solo Seat
10. Throw Over Saddlebags
11. Detachable Two-Up Luggage Rack
12. Center Stand
13. Edge Cut Colection - Muffler End Cap

Attachments

#43 ·
Yes I couldn't go on 1st March, But Yes I visited on 2nd March, The overall experience of watching the Street 750 was nice, It looks royal to me. Really liked the bike in person but its not huge as other HD bikes.

Dealer will be opening Online Contract of my bike and then will email me confirmation and all.
So Once I get those details I would definitely share.

Let me post pic of me sitting on HD Street 750

Attachments

#44 ·
Thanks for keeping us updated with all the news over on your end with the HD street 750. You're getting everyone excited over her! :p

You look like you hiding your emotions in those pictures if that was me I would reach for the key from the salesman lol.

I saw it in person but had barriers around it so you definitely had a better experience.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.