Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

41 - 60 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Anyone from Delhi who got the street 750 delivered... I booked mine on 11th March and the dealer now tells me that I'll get it in July...

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Hi everyone I hv removed the fairing from my street 750 and got the head lamp changed to Hd daymaker led lamp it's looks so much more better. Will post the picture soon

Looking forward to seeing it done on teh street 750. Post up a picture asap. Hows the the light out put compared to before?

·
Registered
8 Posts
output has increased many fold no comparison with the stock light.Waiting for the screaming eagle muffler which isnt available at the dealership yet.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Here is the picture guys
Hey Rahul is that the only Daymaker compatible? I'm not big on the casing or sizing to be honest, looks a bit smaller then stock, yea?

In all honesty I'd like to keep the speed screen or replace it with a bikini but most will take a 7 inch across bulb but I don't think those will work because of the casing. Probably need somthing in the 8 inch-8.5inch diameter.

like this one from dime city for example (the one im leaning to) has a 7 inch opening...

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
Speaking of headlights I believe I've mentioned I rarely ride at night and virtually never where a hi-beam is necessary but I just did on a road trip to Dawson Creek BC last week on my Sportster. I'd actually never used the hi-beam on the Sportster before and I did ride at night on the highway on my return from BC. What I learned is that my headlight is adjusted up a hair too high and it gave me a huge reflection off of my windshield making riding with the hi-beam impossible. Way too much light being reflected from my windshield back into my face.

The low beam was actually quite adequate at illuminating the highway but my riding speed still needed to be reduced because of wild life crossing the road (e.g. an elk crossed my path and I was very glad I was only doing about 45 mph).

I still need to take my Street 750 out on a dark night and see how it's headlight works. I've got some good roads where I can try that out. It doesn't have a windshild that will reflect back the light so I won't have the problem I had with my Sportster.

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
Speaking of headlights I believe I've mentioned I rarely ride at night and virtually never where a hi-beam is necessary but I just did on a road trip to Dawson Creek BC last week on my Sportster. I'd actually never used the hi-beam on the Sportster before and I did ride at night on the highway on my return from BC. What I learned is that my headlight is adjusted up a hair too high and it gave me a huge reflection off of my windshield making riding with the hi-beam impossible. Way too much light being reflected from my windshield back into my face.

The low beam was actually quite adequate at illuminating the highway but my riding speed still needed to be reduced because of wild life crossing the road (e.g. an elk crossed my path and I was very glad I was only doing about 45 mph).

I still need to take my Street 750 out on a dark night and see how it's headlight works. I've got some good roads where I can try that out. It doesn't have a windshild that will reflect back the light so I won't have the problem I had with my Sportster.
I guess for the sportster you can just take off the windshield to solve your high beam issue ;)

Let us know how everything goes with your street 750 :)

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
I guess for the sportster you can just take off the windshield to solve your high beam issue ;)

Let us know how everything goes with your street 750 :)
Doing a 2,000 mile trip without a windshield to cut down on rider fatique? Not likely. LOL I think just adjusting it down a hair will fix the problem or, at worse, increase the cutout on the windshield for the headlight. It was only catching a little bit of the light from the headlight but it was enough on hi-beam to be almost blinding at night.

Didn't make it out for night riding with the Street 750 last night because wife had other plans but hope to tonight. I do want to see how the headlight works on hi-beam on a dark road even if I don't plan on riding at night and I'm going to be changing the headlight when I turn it into a chopper anyway. I still like to know about stock performance and characteristics.

41 - 60 of 84 Posts