Harley Davidson Street Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 Street 750, and I am looking to extend my headlight outward. I'm not having any luck finding an extender online. Does anyone know where I can locate one? I'm actually looking for one that would not only extend, but one that would extend and raise, but that may be pushing it. I appreciate anyone's help! Thanks!!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Buy a bracket. Then make a little extender. At the top of the photo is the Givi windscreen mount. Below that is a steel bracket extension I made. I cut a piece of steel bar stock. My hardware store had the bar stock (a length of flat steel). I have a Craftsman two wheel bench grinder. I shaped and smoothed out the bracket. I used a Dremel steel brush to polish it, satin finish. I bolted it on my bike.
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Bicycle tire Automotive design

·
Super Moderator
2016 Harley-Davidson Street 750 in Sunglo Velocity Red
781 Posts
I think that @Guaire has the right idea, and you will have the satisfaction of having fabricated that part. Although he used a bench grinder, you could do the same with tools as simple as a hacksaw, file, and drill.
  • Paint portions of the bar stock with layout dye or a felt tip marker. You can scribe through that to have highly visible lines where you want to cut or drill.
  • Start by laying out and drilling the bolt holes. After that you can bolt the two pieces together while you work on the outline. This ensures that the pieces match.
  • Use a center punch where you plan to put the bolt holes. That will prevent the drill bit from wandering.
  • Use a little bit of light oil as you drill the bolt holes.
  • Have a way to clamp you work down if you are using a power drill or angle grinder. A machinists vise would be ideal, but simply clamping it to another solid object will work. Just remember that object might suffer a few dings as you work.

Reactions: Guaire

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have a 2015 Street 750, and I am looking to extend my headlight outward. I'm not having any luck finding an extender online. Does anyone know where I can locate one? I'm actually looking for one that would not only extend, but one that would extend and raise, but that may be pushing it. I appreciate anyone's help! Thanks!!
Probably you can buy the Memphis shade headlight extension for road warrior fairing. Check your headlight mounting on the bike. Get the best fit mod from Memphis shades and use a drill if needed or few washers that many be needed to modify to fit…..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts