Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went riding with my buddies today, a daylight tour. They kept complaining that they couldn't see my headlight, it was in dim position. I put on the high beam and they seem to be okay with that. Is this normal to have to run in daytime situation with the high beams on all the time?

Going in for 1000 mile check up soon, I will be asking the dealer.

Any of you folks have this experience? Suggestions?

Thanks,

Dan

·
Registered
120 Posts
What headlight are you guys using? I would love to upgrade mine. I am not willing to pay the HD price. Is there a plug and play headlight upgrade available?

·
Premium Member
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My headlight was aimed too low, they fixed it up with an adjustment and everything is fine now. So the 1K check up was worth doing.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Stock headlight is pretty terrible. I went for a $70 full LED retrofit kit from the dealer. Night and day difference.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Stock headlight is pretty terrible.
I'm not sure what everyone is complaining about?

I also ride a Boulevard C50T and compared to that bike, my XG750 is 1000 times better! (And, the C50T also runs "Highway Lights" ...... 35W "each", PLUS Halogen upgraded bulb) There is no comparison to the light output with the XG750.

I can't complain at all about the stock headlight! Sure, I'd love to put the "Day Maker" on, but only for cosmetic reasons. I love the "look" of the black Day Maker.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts