Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unless you’re a hundred pound weakling and your GF is bulimic you are going to need to upgrade to heavier duty shocks than come with the bike. HD corporate said they has no idea if any of their other shocks could be used!?!?!?!?

Has anyone located a heavy duty shock that fits the Street? Has anyone located a shock that actually absorbs bumps unlike the stock shock? The stock shock is like having a steel rod up your backside when hitting even the smallest bump.:eek:

·
Registered
170 Posts
Have you tried adjusting the preload on the bottom of the shock? I did it - it makes a difference. I'm about 205 lbs. I just want the **** things lower, so I took one off today in anticipation of cutting a coil off of the spring, but I didn't want to put in the effort to get it apart (it was getting dark).

·
Registered
111 Posts
I haven't picked up the my bike yet so can not comment from first hand experience but read a review were the reviewer thought the standard spring shocks were pretty good. The dealer asked my weight and set the pre-load on the back springs to the number 3 setting. There is suggested weight to shock setting table in the owners manual which you may want to try if you haven't.

mgg

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
I have my HD dealer on a mission to find me some shocks...he think the sporters schocks will work but will get back with me.

I also know this guy who used 11 inch progressive shocks, he just had to slightly trim the plastic on the left side of the bike to keep the schock from hitting it but he says the riding difference it so worth it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts