Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Welcome to the forum!
I've got the same beast but in Velocity Red. Looks like you have already started on the modifications. I see the whole package rack/sissy bar setup and some replacement grips and pegs. Any other mods so far?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was setup with what it has. It has currently made its way back to the dealer...the poor bike sprayed hot antifreeze everywhere after just a few miles..I would say the prep was botched lol. As far as the mods go I think the dealer tossed everything they had in stock currently on it. I plan on installing some engine guards in the near future.maybe a detachable windscreen for it for the winter.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I understand about the mods. The Ames, IA dealer has a few xg's that he has made extensive mods to before putting them on the show room floor. I think they've got one that's a café racer, one with the scrambler conversion, and a couple of others that I don't recall the details of. At Loess Hills H-D they have an xg500 that they made into a flat tracker. I guess they do that to have a cheap bike they can start with to show off how customizable they are.

I've been following your other thread about the bike spewing forth various liquids. Good thing you didn't get scalded. I hope that all comes out well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts