Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
HI Guys,

This is vedant from bangalore. :)

Looking forward to get my 750 in August. This is the hardest wait ever!!
Welcome vedant. I'm a bangalorean myself.
Btw Did you get your test ride before booking the bike? If so, pls share your experience of the ride.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Parsh,

I still haven't got a test ride. Am supposed to be scheduled for one next week.

I tried the Iron 883 and liked it!!

Am not too worried about the test drive ...am trusting Harley with the experience and the bike. They know how to make bikes I guess :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Parsh,

I still haven't got a test ride. Am supposed to be scheduled for one next week.

I tried the Iron 883 and liked it!!

Am not too worried about the test drive ...am trusting Harley with the experience and the bike. They know how to make bikes I guess :)
You bet they are great bike makers!!! :D No doubts about that!! :)

I am already convinced about the performance of the bike but i want to take the street 750 out for a spin before booking it as i am very particular about how the bike fits my build and how i look on top of it :)

And regardin your iron 883 ride : How heavy did you feel the bike was? And how easy was it to manoeuvre the bike around in the bangalore streets? :D

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you bet !!!

I have seen every available review of the bike on any and every site several times!! can't take my mind off it. My family is sure i am going crazy :)

Only thing I can think of is my first long drive :) God give me strenght :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You bet they are great bike makers!!! :D No doubts about that!! :)

I am already convinced about the performance of the bike but i want to take the street 750 out for a spin before booking it as i am very particular about how the bike fits my build and how i look on top of it :)

And regardin your iron 883 ride : How heavy did you feel the bike was? And how easy was it to manoeuvre the bike around in the bangalore streets? :D
883 was very nice. I was taken aback by the acceleration( bear in mind the only other bike rode was TVS victor around 10 years back). It is a big bike...not sure will be fun on the office commute in bangalore. It has a amazing street presence and saw ppl. looking at the bike though my short test drive.

·
Registered
39 Posts
883 was very nice. I was taken aback by the acceleration( bear in mind the only other bike rode was TVS victor around 10 years back). It is a big bike...not sure will be fun on the office commute in bangalore. It has a amazing street presence and saw ppl. looking at the bike though my short test drive.
You were taken aback by iron's acceleration?? Well, wait till you get your hands on the street.!!!:D Going by the reviews & by the fact that street's a lighter bike than iron... its definitely going to surprise you!!

Btw vedant could you tell how much is the payment that you have made already towards booking?? and when have they asked you to make the next payment & how much??
I'm askin so i can get an idea to go abt my financial planning

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
paid 30k. For the remaining they will call 15 days before the delivery. I guess all the remaining amount except the road tax, insurance and stuff can be financed.

They have an emi calculator on their website which you might want to look at.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
paid 30k. For the remaining they will call 15 days before the delivery. I guess all the remaining amount except the road tax, insurance and stuff can be financed.

They have an emi calculator on their website which you might want to look at.
Nice! 15 days before delivery is a good heads up. Overall hows the dealer you're getting your bike from

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Dealer is Tusker Harley in Lavelle road bangalore. Showroom is a bit small and multistoried. Service is on the top floor!!

Not had much interaction but looks ok. Got my test ride for iron 883 first time I walked in.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Vedant, when it your tentative delivery date? I am hearing a six month wait
I booked on 26th march and was given an august date. I hope it is before than that :(
If you I going for a test drive carry ur credit card and DL. I was asked for these.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I booked on 26th march and was given an august date. I hope it is before than that :(
If you I going for a test drive carry ur credit card and DL. I was asked for these.
Thankfully you live in India, so even if you get it after August you dont need to worry about only having a few months to ride before riding season is out!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Great to know many have booked the bike

I was one of the first to book this in Bangalore, March 1st at 11.30 AM to be precise. 2nd Booking in the City as I was told, I did get my test ride almost 2 weeks back and I can say this bike is a pleasure to ride. Performance is just brilliant and the way it responds to the throttle is simply amazing. Exposed wiring was the only let down for me, but I can live with it.
I have attached a few pictures of the bike which I tested and I must say it looks stunning in real and the red color adds up to the charm. However I am sticking with my Glossy Black booking.

For people who are curious about the deliveries, I was initially told that It will be delivered to me by May End.
However I recently got an email from Tusker Harley-Davidson saying that my booking number is 12, throughout the nation that is and I will be provided with the Delivery dates 'very' shortly. There might be a chance of early delivery.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts