Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I am Hobdar, from Wellington New Zealand, and looking at a Harley to commute and get back to riding and more specifically the XG500 (or if i can find an imported one possibly a XG700 (Thoughts on the options anyone :) ))

Cheers.
:nerd:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So I am now the proud owner of a brand new 2017 XG500.

Coming with Mirror extenders, and a Vance and Hines Comp Series exhaust. (which I will be removing the baffles out of as soon as possible).

Turns up in a couple of weeks. Tried the 750, and found it to be so similar that the savings on insurance and other stuff, was worth it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
welcome! always great to see another proud XG rider out there!

what are the ins differences for you guys down there?

·
Registered
87 Posts
If you remove the baffle out of your exhaust: be prepared to get it tuned by someone or go ahead and buy a fp3 tuner because you'll need it for sure. I found out the hard way. I removed the baffle and it ran great and sounded great for about a week. I was stoked about the sound because it was truly deeper and sounded more like a Harley instead of a moped...Then it just started running awful. It threw the computer out of wack because there's just way too much air flow with the baffle removed.

·
Registered
231 Posts
So I am now the proud owner of a brand new 2017 XG500.

Coming with Mirror extenders, and a Vance and Hines Comp Series exhaust. (which I will be removing the baffles out of as soon as possible).

Turns up in a couple of weeks. Tried the 750, and found it to be so similar that the savings on insurance and other stuff, was worth it.
The 500 compared to the 750 is night and day.... I took a MSF course recently as a refresher and they had some of the 500s there, craziness...

What was the split between the 500 and 750 for insurance and stuff? I mean I would go big or go home in that case... If they were so minimally close...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts