Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

Got my first bike (xg750) this summer and absolutely fell in love with it as a beginner bike.

Already put on a Grand Prix slip-on muffler to give her some growl, and am working on getting my New Rage Cycles fender eliminator on this winter (proving difficult however since the hex bolts on the fender are on so tight one sheared my impact wrench haha).

I’d say the worst thing about this bike are the mirrors, any suggestions?

·
Registered
279 Posts
Welcome to the forum! There are a lot of people here with experience and good advice that comes from that experience.

Everybody hates the mirrors. The most popular solution is the Krator mirror extension set. Probably the best write up that I've seen is at http://www.hdstreetforums.com/forum/harley-davidson-street-general-discussion/19418-solved-mirrors-perfected.html

I used the long stem mirrors with another type of extension that didn't hold up well. Now I just use the long stemmed mirrors. I've got the Krator extensions and just haven't put them on. That may be a project for this winter.

The xg750 was my first, and so far only bike. I've looked at some others, but it makes a pretty darned good commuter bike, which is my primary use.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Hello. I have the Bikemaster "Old School" mirrors in black on mine. They have Adjustable Stems and Mirrors. The only thing is, I had to Reuse the Tube Nuts from the stock mirrors.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
The ones I have, Bike Master makes several different styles. I have the basic ones. One version has Flutes on it. Kuryakyn is a good company. They also make Adapters for the Street.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Greetings,

Another fellow MN street rider here. I used the Kuryakyn mirror extenders on my street, I found the it still wasn’t enough for my liking. So I bought the bike master folding end mirrors, I’ll be installing them soon and can post photos if you’d like. Maybe upgrade to get done by riding season. Anyone one have advice on bars? Trying to find out if we need dimpled bars or not.

Hope all are well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts