Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All!
I just put a deposit on a vivid black Street 750. I expect to take delivery this coming weekend, just in time for rain to move back into the Seattle area. I can't wait!

I'm a brand new rider, I passed my MSF class in early October and have been looking at bikes for the past month. I was looking for something small(er) in the 400-600cc class, but did not want a sport bike, and the aesthetics of older (used) cruisers didn't really appeal to me. There aren't many other options out there in this category, so I was very excited to see the Street 500 & 750!

I'm part of the younger demographic that HD targeted with this machine, and I must say that they hit the nail on the head. Once I saw it, I knew I had to have one.

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
Hi All!
I just put a deposit on a vivid black Street 750. I expect to take delivery this coming weekend, just in time for rain to move back into the Seattle area. I can't wait!

I'm a brand new rider, I passed my MSF class in early October and have been looking at bikes for the past month. I was looking for something small(er) in the 400-600cc class, but did not want a sport bike, and the aesthetics of older (used) cruisers didn't really appeal to me. There aren't many other options out there in this category, so I was very excited to see the Street 500 & 750!

I'm part of the younger demographic that HD targeted with this machine, and I must say that they hit the nail on the head. Once I saw it, I knew I had to have one.
Welcome aboard. I live just North in Marysville. Don't be complaining about the rain this week because we've had a week of uninterupted sunshine (and freezing ass temperatures LOL). When you finally start heading out on the highways let me know. I can take you on some very scenic local highways and byways up here. I've explored most of them.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome aboard. I live just North in Marysville. Don't be complaining about the rain this week because we've had a week of uninterupted sunshine (and freezing ass temperatures LOL). When you finally start heading out on the highways let me know. I can take you on some very scenic local highways and byways up here. I've explored most of them.
Thanks StoneFree, I'll be looking forward to it.
I Signed the papers and checked the bike out at the dealer today (Eastside Harley). They're delivering it to my door tomorrow!

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
Thanks StoneFree, I'll be looking forward to it.
I Signed the papers and checked the bike out at the dealer today (Eastside Harley). They're delivering it to my door tomorrow!
Eastside is a good dealer. A friend of mine, Gary Crow (a DJ on 102.5 KZOK Classic Rock from 9-2 M-F), is really tight with the owner and general manager there and has bought new Harley's from there as well. Post pictures when you can.

Dennis

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bike was delivered to my house on Saturday. It's been in the garage waiting for dry pavement ever since. My street is wet, leaf and moss covered - I don't want to take the chance until the tires are broken in, the delivery guy from the dealership warned me that they are slick and told me to avoid streets like mine specifically until they wear a bit.

It looks great in the garage, but not being able to ride is killing me!

·
Registered
490 Posts
Bike was delivered to my house on Saturday. It's been in the garage waiting for dry pavement ever since. My street is wet, leaf and moss covered - I don't want to take the chance until the tires are broken in, the delivery guy from the dealership warned me that they are slick and told me to avoid streets like mine specifically until they wear a bit.

At least you have wet streets, I have snow and ice to look at for the next 4 months. While you're waiting for dryer roads, may I suggest you purchase a service manual to take the edge off while you wait for better riding days.

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts

You must live in a crappy part of Seattle. Here in Marysville, just 30 miles North of you, we've had mostly dry streets with just a little rain over the last couple of days. Right now, at this very minute, the sun is shining bright (Maybe I need to get off the forum fire up my ride!!!). Of course you know our rule on weather. If you don't like the weather wait 20 minutes and it will change. LOL

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
At least you have wet streets, I have snow and ice to look at for the next 4 months. While you're waiting for dryer roads, may I suggest you purchase a service manual to take the edge off while you wait for better riding days.
Or take pictures of you and your new Harley and post them for us.....

Reactions: AYEDEE

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
The Seattle weather forecast is for bright sun on Sunday after this little front passes. The temps will be a bit nippy in the upper 30's but it could be a good day for a Sunday afternoon ride.

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
The Seattle weather forecast is for bright sun on Sunday after this little front passes. The temps will be a bit nippy in the upper 30's but it could be a good day for a Sunday afternoon ride.

Waking up this morning and looking outside this morning perhaps the Seattle weather forecast left out the part about the sun shining down on snow covering the ground.....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts