Harley Davidson Street Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a new motorcyclist, new Harley rider, and new Street owner! I'm Casey, 5'7", 135, female, currently residing in California. Got to love the lane splitting, and almost never ending sunny days (also known as State-crippling drought).

I purchased my Street because I had learned on it, and--having nothing to compare it to--felt it was a great fit for me. It's a good little toy, and I'm showing my newbie enthusiasm by still riding in the 20-degree morning weather, haha! Lets see if I can last through winter?

·
Registered
187 Posts
welcome from Philippines.

on Thanksgiving 2008 i rode along I-8 to San Diego with my V-Rod. only time i ever rode in California, and didn't try to split lanes.

besides the cheap price of the 750, i also chose it because i never want to worry about overheating a big twin engine in tropical traffic jam

·
Registered
32 Posts
Welcome Aboard LN2 Casey!! My 750 continues to exceed my expectations on a regular basis. Overall, I think Harley Davidson's only problem with these bikes is that they produced a better bike and don't quite know what to do with it here in the states! I routinely ride back and forth to our ranch 130 miles-at-a-pop with no problems. The windshield really helps but I'm in the process of going the next step and installing a batwing fairing with spoiler windshield. Critter

·
Registered
490 Posts
Welcome aboard!

I have a 2015 Street 750 that I purchased in July of 2014. I've been known to ride in cold weather here in Wisconsin but once they have laid the salt down on the roads after a snow fall. I park the bike in the garage with fresh oil, full tank of gas mixed with Bel-Ray hooked up to a trickle charger and a 20 dollar motorcycle cover from Walmart to keep the dust off. Once the roads have been washed by a couple of rain showers and warmer temps, then it will be time to ride again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts